Boot problem - rapidly blinking red light

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Boot problem - rapidly blinking red light

Unread postby ivandavidov » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Hello,

I've been using my C2 as home server and I recently found out that it has been powered off. When I try to boot it with the power supply, I get very rapidly blinking red light and the C2 device doesn't boot at all. However, I'm still able to boot my C2 by using USB cable and I find no issues with the device and/or the OS image. Everything seems to be working fine.

I'm not sure what's the meaning of the rapidly blinking red light. Do I need new power supply or is there anything broken with my C2 device? What do you think?

Thanks!
ivandavidov

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Re: Boot problem - rapidly blinking red light

Unread postby meveric » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

seems the PSU is broken. Happens rarely.
Do you have the equipment to measure the voltage of the PSU?
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: Boot problem - rapidly blinking red light

Unread postby ivandavidov » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:25 pm

meveric wrote:seems the PSU is broken. Happens rarely.
Do you have the equipment to measure the voltage of the PSU?

No, I don't have such equipment. I guess it is possible the PSU to be broken since I've been using my C2 for over one year (24/7 attached to the PSU) and in Bulgaria we have power surges quite often (probably 3-4 times per month).

In that case I guess I'd have to find another PSU. Meanwhile, it seems that there are no problems whatsoever with the USB cable and I'll be using it to power my C2.

Thanks for the quick reply!
ivandavidov

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Return to Issues