Nespi case Odroid C2 compatability

Swankster
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Nespi case Odroid C2 compatability

Unread post by Swankster » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 pm

I am thinking about getting one of those retropie cases with the safe shutdown but I am concerned about the gpio pins that are used. I will mod the connector if need be to make it work. Also will the shutdown script work with the batocera image? Yes, I know the sd card slot won't be accessible. If Its going to be a gift for my nephews I will need all the help I can get. Thanks

Luarana
ODROIDs: C2

Re: Nespi case Odroid C2 compatability

Unread post by Luarana » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:31 am

Hey I've got a odroid in a nespi. Few warnings.

1. The heatsink mounts have to be replaced on one side as they extend out too far underneath and foul against the nesPi chassis.

2. Odroid-C2 seems pretty picky when it comes to OSes esp. If you're running off an eMMC card. I could really only get LakkaOS to boot correctly. You seem to be using SDCard thou so might be fine.

3. I wasn't aware there is a safe shutdown script persay. When I hit the power button it just powers down the odroid instantly but the housing still has power. Like a TV on standby. It appears to be a hardware rather than software feature I could be wrong.

4. The GPIOs and all the other plugs fit fine.

Swankster
ODROIDs: c2

Re: Nespi case Odroid C2 compatability

Unread post by Swankster » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:33 am

If you go on the retroflag website the script is right there just run it and the power switch and reset will work as a safe shutdown which is nice if you have nephews that don't know how to turn things off. I don't know for sure on the C2 I went ahead and got a PI3 b+ and ran retropie because i was running short on time. My nephews loved it. You don't want to use the switch without the script as it will corrupt the O/S. I am now looking into getting games to run on the C2 as its more powerful.

Return to “Projects”