ODROID-VU7 Tablet & Distros

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

ODROID-VU7 Tablet & Distros

Unread postby 9NS1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:41 am

Hello,

I just received my Odroid-VU7 kit. Am I limited in the Distro (Android / Ubuntu Mate') I can use? I'm considering Ubuntu 16.04.3 minimal or DietPi Odroid-C2-ARM. The Ubuntu 16.04 minimal install, would I have to install commands in-order to get the touch screen to work? I'm not sure what I want to do with my tablet... I sure I want to be able to access Cloud systems Mega/NextCloud, Stream music from Tomahawk, Pithos, and access Kodi and SSH. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Oh, I'm testing Ubuntu 16.04 (full) now the only issue I'm having; I have to enter the password via a USB connect keyboard to access Onboard keyboard. Is there a work-around for this, issue? Thanks again.
9NS1

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+
ODROID-C2

Re: ODROID-VU7 Tablet & Distros

Unread postby odroid » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:08 pm

I have no idea how the minimal text UI can work with the touchscreen.

On Mate desktop, you can try "On-screen keyboard" package.
Or, enable "auto-login" by editing /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf file.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/os_images/ubuntu/v2.4
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby 9NS1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 am

odroid wrote:I have no idea how the minimal text UI can work with the touchscreen.

On Mate desktop, you can try "On-screen keyboard" package.
Or, enable "auto-login" by editing /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf file.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/os_images/ubuntu/v2.4

Thank you for your reply but its a non-isssue at present: The VU7 Tablets has been a disaster. Nothing lined up correctly with the VU7 Frame, Battery, and C2. Deeply flawed kit, everything was off... way off. wow. When I attach the C2 to the 7" screen now issues. Thanks again for the info.
9NS1

ODROID-C2

Unread postby odroid » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm

What happens if you connect the Vu7 to a PC?
odroid
Site Admin

Unread postby 9NS1 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 am

Update: After several back an forth conversations with the good folks at Amerdriod, I mailed my C2, computer screen, UPS3 battery & VU7 tablet. There seems there tp have been some changes to the UPS3 battery and the config of the VU7 tablet itself. The associates at Amerdroid put the tablet together for me, the only issue I have the battery doesn't switch over to battery when I disconnect power adapter, nada. Question: Does anyone have a VU7 tablet setup and could the point me in the right direction or commands that I may be needed to power up the UPS3 battery/VU7 tablet. Hey, thanks for any assistance you can give. My regards.
9NS1

ODROID-C2

Unread postby odroid » Tue May 29, 2018 8:54 am

You might need to desolder the U3 IC.
https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/power ... pplication
odroid
Site Admin