Ethernet just stopped working

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Ethernet just stopped working

Unread postby ZacWolf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:28 am

The ethernet port on my C2 seems to have just stopped working. No lights when the cable is plugged in. I checked that the cable/connection is good by plugging it into another machine, and it works fine.

Everything boots up fine, USB working, everything else seems fine, just no ethernet connectivity/lights.

Any ideas?
ZacWolf

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Re: Ethernet just stopped working

Unread postby odroid » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Can you check "sudo ifconfig" and "dmesg" outputs?
Which OS image have you run?
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Ethernet just stopped working

Unread postby ZacWolf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Unfortunately I can't, because I have it setup with NODM straight to Chromium (kiosk mode), and without ethernet I can't SSH into it. I'd have to reimage to get a terminal.

I'm running meveric's Debian Stretch image. I don't believe it's software related, I believe it's hardware, as even without an OS, once power is applied, the ethernet lights should blink, correct?

I added a HiFi Shield, so I unplugged the ethernet cable and it was difficult to unplug, but when I inspected the connections nothing seems to have broken, but when I plugged it back in, no ethernet. I removed the Shield, and still nothing.

I'll reimage so I can view the logs, but fortunately I bought it through Amazon so I can return it if it's a hardware related failure.
ZacWolf

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Return to Hardware and peripherals