[SOLVED] Game Touch/Click Issue

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

[SOLVED] Game Touch/Click Issue

Unread postby thatsneakyguy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Just installed Battleheart 2 on my ODROID-C2 (Android) from the same apk/obb that I used on my Nexus 7, which worked perfectly on that device.

On the odroid, the starting screens shows up, you can even click to cancel one of them and go straight to the main menu, but once you are on the menu screen, it's impossible to click anything, nothing responds to a click: New Game, Options, Manage Files, etc. Also, the app does not stop responding so it seems like some sort of input issue.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?
thatsneakyguy

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-c2

Re: Game Touch/Click Issue

Unread postby odroid » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:54 am

Many game software developers don't consider the mouse input events since most Android devices have the touchscreen input event.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby thatsneakyguy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:58 am

Is there a software workaround for this since it seems common, maybe a way to turn mouse input into touch input even?
thatsneakyguy

Unread postby tobetter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 am

thatsneakyguy wrote:Is there a software workaround for this since it seems common, maybe a way to turn mouse input into touch input even?

The way what you suggest would be possible after changing Linux input subsystem, but this could affect other applications which isolate the event between touch and mouse.
tobetter

languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread postby thatsneakyguy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:44 am

I just tried an app called Octopus and didn't have to setup anything, it worked right away, never though it could be that simple.
Thanks for explaining what the issue actually was so I was able to find a solution!
thatsneakyguy

Unread postby tobetter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:18 am

thatsneakyguy wrote:I just tried an app called Octopus and didn't have to setup anything, it worked right away, never though it could be that simple.
Thanks for explaining what the issue actually was so I was able to find a solution!

Good to hear you've found a solution. At the same time I am feeling a bit of shy. :) Anyway, is this the one you are saying?
https://in.c.mi.com/thread-1088941-1-0.html
tobetter

languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread postby thatsneakyguy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Yup, it's the one I'm using, it does ask for a few permissions (probably fine) and leaves a service running that you have to force close afterwards though.
thatsneakyguy

Return to Android