IR remote won't work with Android?

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

IR remote won't work with Android?

Unread postby Shadow322 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 am

New to this whole scene and probably a noob question but I purchased the c2 as well as the IR remote and loaded android 6 onto it. Android itself loads just fine but I can't seem to do much with the IR remote. On the screen it loads it says "To see all your apps, touch the circle" which is located at the bottom middle of the screen and there is also a blue box that says OK on the bottom right of the screen. The remote allows me to shift through a few blank pages left to right, power button works and the volume buttons work as well I just cant seem to get it to let me bring up the page that shows all the Apps. What am I not doing?
Shadow322

languages_spoken: english

Re: IR remote won't work with Android?

Unread postby tobetter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:41 am

Shadow322 wrote:New to this whole scene and probably a noob question but I purchased the c2 as well as the IR remote and loaded android 6 onto it. Android itself loads just fine but I can't seem to do much with the IR remote. On the screen it loads it says "To see all your apps, touch the circle" which is located at the bottom middle of the screen and there is also a blue box that says OK on the bottom right of the screen. The remote allows me to shift through a few blank pages left to right, power button works and the volume buttons work as well I just cant seem to get it to let me bring up the page that shows all the Apps. What am I not doing?

I haven't to try to work IR remote controller in the screen what you are saying, but what I am hearing is that IR remote controller keys are receiving. So what I want you to try is to connect a mouse and click all buttons suspicious and try to click to show up menus to display the apps installed, then try to use IR remote whether it moves around. Since IR remote controller is not a primary input device, it won't make you 100% happy to use it. But some apps like Kodi would be fine to use.
tobetter

languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread postby Shadow322 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 pm

So what your saying is I won't be able to use an IR remote to navigate android in the same way I do on my phone or using a mouse?
Shadow322

Unread postby tobetter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Shadow322 wrote:So what your saying is I won't be able to use an IR remote to navigate android in the same way I do on my phone or using a mouse?

I would say "Yes" since the behavior of both is different. The mouse is intended to work of moving a pixel and the IR remote controller is to move by buttons, left-right-up-down. Many of applications are designed to work with touchscreen.
tobetter

Unread postby deafcat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:48 am

some remotes will have a "mouse" button that switches between directional button moves, and jogging the mouse cursor around (in horrible painstaking fashion of course)
deafcat

languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: C2, XU4

Unread postby Shadow322 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

I finally got around to hooking a mouse up and clicked off the screen now the IR remote works just fine. Thanks guys.
Shadow322

Unread postby Molle83 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:55 am

Hi.
Resently i also purchased the c2 as well as the IR remote and loaded the latest android 6 onto it and did updates.
how has the remote and android worked for you since your last post? does it work to navigate in all apps because I have trouble choosing programs in Swedish TVs like c-more. I get into the app and can navigate in a main menu but when I'm going to select a series, I will not be able to choose without having to connect a mouse pointer. do you experience the same problem?
have you been able to display pointers with the remote control? Or do you have to use the mouse to be able to print series and episodes?
Molle83

languages_spoken: english, swedish
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby tobetter » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 am

Molle83 wrote:Hi.
Resently i also purchased the c2 as well as the IR remote and loaded the latest android 6 onto it and did updates.
how has the remote and android worked for you since your last post? does it work to navigate in all apps because I have trouble choosing programs in Swedish TVs like c-more. I get into the app and can navigate in a main menu but when I'm going to select a series, I will not be able to choose without having to connect a mouse pointer. do you experience the same problem?
have you been able to display pointers with the remote control? Or do you have to use the mouse to be able to print series and episodes?

I am wondering if the keyboard can select a menu that you've to choose with a mouse.
tobetter

Return to Android