Ubuntu 18.04 system upgrade hanging

pbox
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C-2 Ubuntu 18.04

Ubuntu 18.04 system upgrade hanging

Unread post by pbox » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:46 pm

New to this forum but have been using my C-2 for quite a while without issues...

Recently, nudged by the Ubuntu system (I normally use Debian on most of my computers) on the Odroid to upgrade the system to the new release, I followed and eventually got stuck on the reboot screen showing that the kernel cannot start serialization file and the system is read-only!

Well, I downloaded the android-4.4.4-alpha-5.8-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu4-20171026.img.zip file (since I could not find a similar Ubuntu image), loaded it onto a micro card without issues, inserted the card into the C-2 slot but cannot find the 'boot media selector' switch! The available documentation points to SW1 which I have found on the reverse (bottom side) of the C-2 but it's just the inscription and I can't see the switch. Some people point to the right (shorter) side of the HDMI socket but I can't find it there either.

In a nutshell, I am stuck at what to do next to solve the issue and start using my Odroid C-2 again. I would appreciate your kind help, please... :-)

rooted

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 system upgrade hanging

Unread post by rooted » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:28 am

There is no boot selector switch on the C2, that is on the XU4.

If you have both eMMC and SD present the device will boot from eMMC.

Firestorm
ODROIDs: ODROID C2

Unread post by Firestorm » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:36 am

You're having trouble trying to boot an XU4 image on a C2? I would think that you should use a C2 image instead. You should probably have posted this in a C2 thread as well.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:26 am

Moved from XU4 to C2 sub-forum.

Return to “Ubuntu”