Play a beep or buzzer sound on Odroid-C2

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Play a beep or buzzer sound on Odroid-C2

Unread postby ripplingwater » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

hi,

I need to play a warning sound ( a beep or a buzzer ) on an Odroid-C2 board. The reason I want to do this is to warn the user that a certain bad thing has happened - say network connection is down, or a certain server is unreachable. I do have visual warning indicators wired to the GPIO pins but a audible sound alarm ( should not be too loud ) will make the warning more noticeable / heard. Any hints / clues on how I could achieve this in a clean manner ( without any hacks and stuff )? Thanks a ton. Appreciate any pointers from experienced users.

Thanks once again.
ripplingwater

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Re: Play a beep or buzzer sound on Odroid-C2

Unread postby tobetter » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:44 pm

ripplingwater wrote:hi,

I need to play a warning sound ( a beep or a buzzer ) on an Odroid-C2 board. The reason I want to do this is to warn the user that a certain bad thing has happened - say network connection is down, or a certain server is unreachable. I do have visual warning indicators wired to the GPIO pins but a audible sound alarm ( should not be too loud ) will make the warning more noticeable / heard. Any hints / clues on how I could achieve this in a clean manner ( without any hacks and stuff )? Thanks a ton. Appreciate any pointers from experienced users.

Thanks once again.

You could try two types of buzzers.
You can connect a speaker to PWM port such that you can drive a frequency for the alarm and another option is to control GPIO with DC buzzer. DC buzzer / Piezo beeps while GPIO is active.
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD95ICNN2vY
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV__OfxG96o
tobetter

languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Re: Play a beep or buzzer sound on Odroid-C2

Unread postby ripplingwater » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:11 am

Thanks @tobetter. I'll try that out. A Piezo buzzer is perhaps what I need.
ripplingwater

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Return to General Chat