C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

joy
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by joy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Mista Dista wrote:I followed exactly what you said CodeWalker. It seemed to work, but is there a way to double check through terminal if the 1104 DDR zip file worked? I don't have a usb-uart module kit.
Hi,
You can use "Terminal Emulator" app and a following script.

First run "Terminal Emulator" and make check_ddrclock.sh as following.

Please refer to the following steps.

Code: Select all

# su
# mount -o rw,remount /
# vi /check_ddrclock.sh
- check_ddrclock.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
# check_ddrclock.sh

tmp=/temp.bin

##### check the current DDR clock ####
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=$tmp bs=1 count=2 skip=43530
CUR_DDRCLK=$(hexdump -e '"%d"' $tmp)

echo "existing DDR clk is $CUR_DDRCLK MHz"

rm $tmp

Code: Select all

# chmod 755 /check_ddrclock.sh
# /check_ddrclock.sh
existing DDR clk is 912 MHz
Sorry for the complicate way.
We will check and prepare a simple way to check ddr clock like using odroid utility.

User avatar
codewalker
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by codewalker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:36 pm


best_odroidfreak
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:07 am
languages_spoken: english
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR clock adjustment

Unread post by best_odroidfreak » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Can your guide be used for Debian Jessie OS?

campbell
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2, C2, C1+, XU4, XU3, Cloudshell, Smart Power
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by campbell » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am

How does this work? I looked at the provided bl1.bin files, and they have other differences besides the 2 bytes at offset 43530. If I want to use a frequency other than the prepared ones, how do I modify bl1.bin? I am interested in reducing the memory speed even further.

joy
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR clock adjustment

Unread post by joy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:42 pm

best_odroidfreak wrote:Can your guide be used for Debian Jessie OS?
Yes.
As I know, there is no difference on early BL stages between Debian Jessie OS and the official C2 Ubuntu.
You can try it.

joy
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by joy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:47 pm

campbell wrote:How does this work? I looked at the provided bl1.bin files, and they have other differences besides the 2 bytes at offset 43530. If I want to use a frequency other than the prepared ones, how do I modify bl1.bin? I am interested in reducing the memory speed even further.
Sorry.
It's not an open source part.

But I will check if there is another slower memory speed option
next week.

joy
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by joy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 am

joy wrote:
campbell wrote:How does this work? I looked at the provided bl1.bin files, and they have other differences besides the 2 bytes at offset 43530. If I want to use a frequency other than the prepared ones, how do I modify bl1.bin? I am interested in reducing the memory speed even further.
Sorry.
It's not an open source part.

But I will check if there is another slower memory speed option
next week.
Almost available sets have been already opened except the DDR timing 9-9-9 option like CONFIG_DDR_CLK "648".
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/appli ... dram_clock

campbell
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2, C2, C1+, XU4, XU3, Cloudshell, Smart Power
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by campbell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

joy wrote:Almost available sets have been already opened except the DDR timing 9-9-9 option like CONFIG_DDR_CLK "648".
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/appli ... dram_clock
So there is no possibility of going lower than 408?

joy
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Contact:

Re: C2 DDR3 memory OverClocking

Unread post by joy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 am

campbell wrote: So there is no possibility of going lower than 408?
No. :(
It's the lowest value of DDR clock on S905.

* Available sets of DDR clock on AMLogic S905
  • - timing 7-7-7 : 384MHz < freq < 533MHz
    - timing 9-9-9 : 533MHz <= freq < 667MHz
    - timing 11-11-11 : 667MHz <= freq < 800MHz
    - timing 13-13-13 : 800MHz <= freq < 933MHz
    - timing 14-14-14 : 933MHz <= freq < 1104MHz
Clock value should be multiple of 24 and the lower value than 408 is 384.
I'm not sure that 384 is included in the timing 7-7-7 spec of S905.
If you want me to check 384, please let me know.

Post Reply

Return to “General Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests