fbxx
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1 ver 201411
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

cannot boot, C1 version

Post by fbxx »

Hi all,

i am a little bit confused as i cannot boot.
I have followed the instructions, with two different micro sd, a samsung evo 64gb xc1 and a sandisk 4gb class 4, with both sds i cannot boot, sometimes the logo hardkernel appears other times not. I have thought that the problem was the usb adapter and i bougth the usb 3.0 trascend that you suggest.. but i am still there. With the samsung the screen remains with hardkernel logo, with the sundisk a green robot with a red triangle sometimes appears, other remains black.
I have tried to boot both, android and ubuntu, i have no good news.
In all tests i performed the red light is fixed and the blue blinks like hard drive led seems its reading...
The model i get is the REV 0.3 20141107 bought directly in KR.
Could you help me please. I am a little tired.
Thanks,
fbxx.

robrobinette
ODROIDs: ODROID-U2

Re: cannot boot, C1 version

Post by robrobinette »

The blinking blue "heartbeat" LED is supposed to mean the kernel is still running.

Are you using a Hardkernel supplied Micro HDMI cable? I ask because I got a blank screen but blinking blue heartbeat because the C1 was up and running like a champ but the C1's HDMI shell ground seems to have trouble with some HDMI cables that work with the ODROID-U2 but not with the C1. The Hardkernel supplied Micro HDMI works with the C1.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

You need a 8GB sd-card at least to install the OS.
Also refer this link.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=7743

johnbeetem
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1

Post by johnbeetem »

Adding to robrobinette's comment, there are a number of threads about HDMI cable issues, for example:

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=8894

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=9511

The problem is usually that many HDMI cables do not implement the individual ground lines and use the connector shell as a common ground. This usually works because most products connect the shell ground to circuit ground. However, ODROID-C1 doesn't. You can try shorting the HDMI shell to the OTG shell to see if it's the problem. If so, either get a cable that has the grounds (such as Hardkernel's) or short the HDMI shell to circuit ground. I did it by shorting R11 next to the HDMI connector, but it's a tiny resistor and soldering to it is tricky and probably voids the warranty.

fbxx
ODROIDs: C1 ver 201411

Post by fbxx »

I will continue using the samsung 64gb, and I buy a new, compatible, hdmi cable. I'll let you know.

I try to make a bridge and short circuit the hdmi and usb-power while i buy a cable.

I dont' find the correct cable on UK or DE, could you please suggest a product i can find in europe and i don't have to wait 45 days...? Many thanks.

It is possible that hdmi calble damage the board?

:worried: :)
fbxx

robrobinette
ODROIDs: ODROID-U2

Post by robrobinette »

My problem with shorting the HDMI socket shell to ground is it only works after boot--if I leave the ground connection in place during reboot I don't get any HDMI video.

Return to “Issues”