phoenix73
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C1(+) OpenELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 / 24p+HEVC

Unread post by phoenix73 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 am

wrxtasy wrote:
IanPH wrote:Of course nothing's really missing. Not visually at least. But for example the C2 just received an update to fix a long standing memory leak in Kodi on arm platforms (which also the C1(+) belongs to). If the releases for C1(+) and C2 were in sync the C1(+) would also benefit of these progressions. And wrxtasy once said, a long time ago, that the C1(+) would also get LibreELEC and that eventually the source would compile for both architectures. Yet it seems the C1(+) is the forgotten sibling.
Nah the C1 is not forgotten, it's just I'm pretty time constrained wth 3 LibreELEC distros on the go at the moment and a couple OpenELEC ones plus AML device testing for a well known Kodi sponsor. I will need to buy a dedicated Linux development machine as I've run out of compile space on my Mac.
Yes there are a couple of issues I want to fix for the C1 and Kodi as well as transferring everything to LibreELEC.
Believe me it's on the list of things to do.

My C1 running OE at the moment just sits on the Network and gets used as a TvHeadend backend server. Has not crashed for months.
:)
Thanks wrxtasy for this support

BTW, seeing the low price for S905 Android Box and how active LibreElec is on S905, I'll replace C1 soon by a Beelink MX MIII and recycle C1 in Ubuntu 16.04 box :)

phoenix73

Unread post by phoenix73 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:46 pm

wrxtasy wrote:Hi guys had a bit of time to sort out a few OpenELEC 7.0.0 issues with a OE v7.0.1 bug fix release:

- MySQL configuration moved from advancedsettings.xml to the Kodi GUI (under Services), a Davilla (MrMC) mod.
- (Re) added a Kernel patch for amvideocap, the ge2d_config x and y co-ords were wrong. May help Hyperion users.
- MyGica T230 Kernel patch included.
- fixed up default samba.conf for Shonk
- Added OpenVPN to OpenELEC
- Reworked lirc, so MCE, XBOX 360 and Apple remotes work out of the box.
- Customised remote.xml for the HK IR remote. To revert to Standard Kodi remote control behavior, see below for details.
- PopcornMix Repo added for Shadertoy screensavers and music visualization. Very nice.
- Audio and Video Sync tweaks. This may allow the HiFi Shield to work correctly (untested)
- And finally the long awaited Gerald Dachs and Raybuntu, improved AML HDMI-CEC Kernel and libCEC mods to allow CEC control of various HDMI connected devices ( see Kodi > Settings > System > Input devices > Peripherals).
Raybuntu CEC Support in the LibreELEC C2 thread.

OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-7.0.1.tar
OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-7.0.1.img.gz

HiFi Shield
See this THIS post for details...
I believe for users with a HiFi Shield, this asound.conf needs to be placed in the /storage/.config directory:

Code: Select all

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm "hw:1,0"
        format S16_LE
        rate 48000
    }
}

ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 1
}
Revert to old Kodi remote.xml behavior
Copy and paste this remote.xml file and save here:

nano .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
CTRL-O to save, CTRL-X to exit
reboot
W. :D
I tried this update on Odroid C1, and I lost USB Wifi support (8192cu), Ethernet card is not seen neither. Also tons of logs at startup time. First by using update tarball, then by flashing img from scratch ;(
I had to reinstall 7.0.0 and now I have Realtek support (and no more logs message at startup)

Kodi:~ # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
w1_gpio                 3326  0
wire                   20827  1 w1_gpio
8192cu                658616  0
aml_gpio                7825  0
uinput                  6688  1
hid_apple               5495  0
ir_sony_decoder         1702  0
ir_lirc_codec           4278  3
lirc_dev               10141  1 ir_lirc_codec
ir_nec_decoder          1803  0
ir_mce_kbd_decoder      3119  0
ir_rc6_decoder          2059  0
ir_sanyo_decoder        1673  0
ir_jvc_decoder          1699  0
ir_rc5_decoder          1579  0
meson_ir                2906  0
autofs4                22351  0

QBJack
languages_spoken: english, german, polish, HTML ;)
ODROIDs: C1+, C2

Unread post by QBJack » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Is there a VNC server addon that works with OE on the C1(+) ?

martin63134
ODROIDs: C1+

Unread post by martin63134 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:13 pm

rtfm_joey wrote:Thanks for the update.

With the IR fixes, I'm finally able to use the built-in ir receiver properly with my harmony set up as mce remote. I've ditched the external MCE ir receiver, everything works great now!
how do you get the audio from going out on kodi and c1+? need help walk through this

itsmaxdd

Unread post by itsmaxdd » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:04 pm

I have a C1+ running Debian with OpenMediaVault, i was wondering if there could be a way to install this tweaked Kody version.
If not, will the default Kodi version for Debian perform pretty much the same?
I'm still unsure if i want to switch from Plex to Kodi and from Debian to OpenELEC since i have deluge/vpn and stuff already set up.
I'm looking for suggestions!

@wrxtasy what would it be the effort to implement openvpn server library on this distro?

Regards,

boogaera

Unread post by boogaera » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:33 am

I after upgrading to OpenELEC 7.0.1 my remote from my Panasonic plasma is having the double click issue.

In Kodi > Settings > System > Input devices > Peripherals -> CEC there is no option to set the timing for the remote. I have seen these options exist in libCEC but not in the release we have.

Another option is to change the settings of peripherals.xml in /usr/share/kodi/system/ but it is read only in the OpenELEC so I am unable to save it.

<setting key="double_tap_timeout_ms" type="int" min="50" max="1500" step="50" value="300" label="38050" order="16" />
<setting key="button_repeat_rate_ms" type="int" min="0" max="1250" step="10" value="0" label="38051" order="17" />
<setting key="button_release_delay_ms" type="int" min="0" max="500" step="50" value="0" label="38052" order="18" />

If anyone can give me a tip what I can do to change the setting to make the remote work again? Thanks!

entr

Unread post by entr » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:34 am

Just ssh to it and use nano to edit the file.

rtfm_joey

Unread post by rtfm_joey » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:51 am

martin63134 wrote:
rtfm_joey wrote:Thanks for the update.

With the IR fixes, I'm finally able to use the built-in ir receiver properly with my harmony set up as mce remote. I've ditched the external MCE ir receiver, everything works great now!
how do you get the audio from going out on kodi and c1+? need help walk through this
Just plugged the HDMI cable in to my tv, which passes the audio back to my receiver (my TV supports passthrough of DTS and DD).

I didn't have to configure anything on Kodi/Odroid

B12f13
languages_spoken: English & German
ODROIDs: Odroid C1+

Unread post by B12f13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:40 am

Hi,
is there a newer version of Openelec + Kodi?
I would have Kodi 17 on my Odroid C1 +.
Can update only Kodi?
Sorry, my Odroid has not been so long.

Why Kodi 17?
I would like to get Amazon Prime to run, under Kodi 16 is nothing.

Sorry for my English.

noahphense

Unread post by noahphense » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 am

Good Morning,

Will this image: OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-7.0.0-Kodi.Jarvis.16.1.Final.SD.card.img.gz (posted in the OP)

Automatically resize the primary partition to the fullest extent of a 32GB Micro SD Card upon initial boot sequences?

Cheers!

np

** and if anyone is interested, 32gb sandisks at bestbuy on sale right now for 14.99 .. (link below)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ult ... 16&cmp=RMX

entr

Unread post by entr » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

I believe it will.

noahphense

Unread post by noahphense » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 am

entr wrote:I believe it will.
Thanks. I've ended up getting 2 emmc's, as the SD cards were just causing too many issues as the primary drive. So I'm running emmc as primary and have 32bg SD in the SD slot for storage and backups, etc.. here are the results of the IOPS speed test.

SD CARD: IOPS read test 704.1 (9.25ms)
SD CARD: IOPS write test 108.1 (1.42ms)

EMMC: IOPS read test 1803.0 (0.51ms)
EMMC: IOPS write test 1944.3 (0.55ms)

Quite a big difference. A few simple things were fixed by just using the emmcs. Rebooting for example, failed with SD card. Shutting down failed with SD card, as it would try to reboot, which also failed.

Anyhow. I need to shoot out some NTP/hwclock questions. Shall I do it here or in a new thread?

Cheers!

np

(edited to add ms)

noahphense

RTC with Battery

Unread post by noahphense » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:35 am

A few questions. This is of course after two days of looking around at other peoples RTC posts.

On the C1+ with official battery attached, the system seems to be ok with keeping time. First question, is it normal for this image to be keeping the hwclock in UTC time? As 'hwclock -u' shows properly.

This is date && hwclock.

Wed Dec 14 14:05:30 EST 2016
Wed Dec 14 19:05:29 2016 0.000000 seconds

Second Question:
Of course in Kodi, I have tz setup and I even have a few ntp pulls setup. The first question there would be, is that clock inside Kodi, the 'wallclock' time? Also, by using those built-in NTP's in openElec, those only see to affect date(wallclock time) and have nothing to do with my hwclock. So, all of those settings inside of Kodi, are really only relevant to Kodi.

Third Question:
Is there a way that I can have some form of automation on the OS level? As my main concern is to, on occasion (or on a boot), sync with a timeserver, then update the hwclock with that data.

ntpd -dnqp 0.us.pool.ntp.org
hwclock -w

Ideas are appreciated.

Cheers!

np

noahphense

Re: RTC with Battery

Unread post by noahphense » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:15 am

After thinking about it some more. Maybe all that I need is a script I can have run from inside of Kodi.

No reason to have multiple ntp calls. Just let Kodi do what it's doing which is using the NTPs to update the system "date".

So then all I would need to do is make a script to launch: hwclock -w (from inside Kodi)

Guess it's time to research how Kodi launches it's own OS level scripts. Seems to be just xml and python .. time to breakout ST3.

-- this will be a great place to start: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:HelloWorld_addon

np

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:24 am

noahphense wrote:A few questions. This is of course after two days of looking around at other peoples RTC posts.

On the C1+ with official battery attached, the system seems to be ok with keeping time. First question, is it normal for this image to be keeping the hwclock in UTC time? As 'hwclock -u' shows properly.

This is date && hwclock.

Wed Dec 14 14:05:30 EST 2016
Wed Dec 14 19:05:29 2016 0.000000 seconds

Second Question:
Of course in Kodi, I have tz setup and I even have a few ntp pulls setup. The first question there would be, is that clock inside Kodi, the 'wallclock' time? Also, by using those built-in NTP's in openElec, those only see to affect date(wallclock time) and have nothing to do with my hwclock. So, all of those settings inside of Kodi, are really only relevant to Kodi.

Third Question:
Is there a way that I can have some form of automation on the OS level? As my main concern is to, on occasion (or on a boot), sync with a timeserver, then update the hwclock with that data.

ntpd -dnqp 0.us.pool.ntp.org
hwclock -w

Ideas are appreciated.

Cheers!

np
1.) sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

2.) It is the system time (date), hwclock has nothing to do with anything except setting the system clock upon boot (and possibly keeping it in sync while up).

3.) This is already how it works, the hwclock is set upon successful shutdown and sets the system time upon boot. Set the system clock with ntpdate then the hwclock with 'hwclock -w', disable ntpd (as test), reboot and check time.

*edit*
Disregard #1, just noticed your running OE.

noahphense

Unread post by noahphense » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:41 am

rooted wrote:3.) This is already how it works, the hwclock is set upon successful shutdown and sets the system time upon boot. Set the system clock with ntpdate then the hwclock with 'hwclock -w', disable ntpd (as test), reboot and check time.
Well that would be wonderful if the hwclock is (-w)'d during shutdown. Where can I confirm this?

...and just for a fun -- what setup are people using for the odroids when they are not using the OE/OL images?

I've pondered the alarm install. You seem to have a 'few' posts on these forums. What's the recommended route?

Cheers!

np

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:08 am

Disconnect the network cable and reboot then check the time. It's kernel level so it should be working.

I use an XU3 or XU4 for my servers, I use a C2 for my media center and am currently building a CarPC with a C2 as well.

I only tried to get alarm to wake up the XU4 from sleeping but this wouldn't work. I haven't tried it on a C2.

kilgore72
languages_spoken: english, german

Unread post by kilgore72 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi to eyerybody,

i got a problem with my ordroid c1+ using the OpenELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 Final image.
My problem is, when i try to shutdown Kodi, and i mean to shutdown the whole system, Kodi autostarts. This happens no matter i try like i hit the exit-Button or the shutdown-button e.g.

Got someone any clues or tipps for me?

Greetings from germany
Thomas

dancnc
ODROIDs: odroid c

Unread post by dancnc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 pm

hello!,
I'm new to the forum. i'm sorry if this has been addressed since i don't see a way to search through a specific thread on this forum. i have an odroid c1 (i'm guessing, actually it just say "Odroid c" on the board) that i was given. i have installed this build of open elec onto it and it boots and runs through the setup fine. however i have a usb bluetooth dongle inserted in it but bluetooth shows as disabled. what is the process for installing usb bluetooth devices? must it be done in terminal/ssh? also after i get bluetooth running i'd like to use a wiimote with motion for a mouse pointer. i'm sure for that the openelec community could help but if anyone has operating bluetooth on the odroid c1 please tell me what you did. thank you!

edit1:

got bluetooth on and the wiimote paired but still don't have it available as an input device. also i don't have cec available as an input device either. does the odroid c1 have cec? or do i need an adapter for that over usb? i tried going into system>setings>system>input devices but peripherals is greyed out.

edit2:

ok i now realize the early c1 boards like mine don't have functional cec. maybe a project for another day to try a hardware mod. i just realized the root password was altered for this build, will try to run xbmc-wiiremote through putty and see if that works.

rabbitkiller
languages_spoken: French

Unread post by rabbitkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello every body,

I can't connect with ssh, the 22 port seems close. :oops:
How can I enable SSH service ? (Or access to the shell with keyboard)

Thanks for your help, I'm beginning with kodi/openelec. :roll:

bye
Rabbit

apeg

Unread post by apeg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 am

Slower network speeds with 7.0.0?

I just got around to upgrading my C1 running 6.0.3 - Kodi Isengard to the 7.0.0 image in this post

I've noticed a 5 fold drop in network speed? Is there something heavier going on in the background? i've done nothing more than upgrade the image, no setting changes...

ideas?

Ill try the 7.0.1 file and post results.

EDIT:
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full;
Last edited by apeg on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wrxtasy
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2

Unread post by wrxtasy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 am

After a noticeable absence. I'm back.

Its Out with the old OpenELEC. All the developers (apart from the founder) left the project and moved to the fork of freedom LibreELEC.

Here is a Final LE 7.0.3 Kodi Jarvis version before I start on Kodi Krypton this week.
I'm going to open a LE 8.0 Kodi Krypton C1 thread soon, over in the C2 Sub-forum to keep everything centralised and easier to maintain going forward.

LibreELEC is a straight upgrade from OE, just do the normal drop of the .tar into the Update folder and reboot.
There is a new boot.ini as well. The old one is backed up to boot.ini.old

LibreELEC-Odroid_C1.arm-7.0.2.tar

Last edited by wrxtasy on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LibreELEC Krypton C1(+) HERE
LibreELEC Krypton C2 HERE

hugo86e
languages_spoken: english, french

Unread post by hugo86e » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:22 am

wrxtasy wrote:After a noticeable absence. I'm back.

Its Out with the old OpenELEC. All the developers (apart from the founder) left the project and moved to the fork of freedom LibreELEC.

Here is a Final LE 7.0.3 Kodi Jarvis version before I start on Kodi Krypton this week.
I'm going to open a LE 8.0 Kodi Krypton C1 thread soon, over in the C2 Sub-forum to keep everything centralised and easier to maintain going forward.

LibreELEC is a straight upgrade from OE, just do the normal drop of the .tar into the Update folder and reboot.
There is a new boot.ini as well. The old one is backed up to boot.ini.old

LibreELEC-Odroid_C1.arm-7.0.3.tar

too good, thanks from France !

lamisere
languages_spoken: French

Unread post by lamisere » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 am

Thanks from France too ;)

Puffin Chunks

Unread post by Puffin Chunks » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:04 am

Thanks wrxtasy! This is great news :)

I was worried I was going to have to retire the C1+ less than a year after I bought it :(

rtfm_joey

Unread post by rtfm_joey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks a lot!

Will try it out tonight!

wrxtasy

Unread post by wrxtasy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I've tweaked the recent release and consider this the best LE 7.0.3 Jarvis I've ever done. :D

LibreELEC-Odroid_C1.arm-7.0.3.OClock.tar

- much improved VC-1 and mpeg4 playback thx. to @peak3d and Amlogic themselves.
- new Lirc and Eventlirc packages for much quick Infra Red remote control response.
- a new Kodi advancedsettings.xml - remote number Millseconds delay can be tweaked - <remotedelay> </remotedelay>
- CPU Overclocking added to the boot.ini (default is now 1.632GHz)
- configurable - CEC adapter repeats and release. I use - remote button press delay before repeating > 50ms
- annoying CEC popup hidden.
- various Touchscreen modules included.
- Kodi Settings > Video Output tweak and C1 now limited to 1080p resolutions only.
- Extra LE 7.0 Addons - install this Repo from Thoria and restart Now when signalled
https://github.com/thoradia/thoradia

- Extra Love added, as this was where the OE / LE journey began for me on the C1. I'm still very surprised by the speed of this little wee device for Kodi use ! :mrgreen:

W.

mitch911
languages_spoken: French, English

Unread post by mitch911 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 pm

wrxtasy wrote:I've tweaked the recent release and consider this the best LE 7.0.3 Jarvis I've ever done. :D

- much improved VC-1 and mpeg4 playback thx. to @peak3d and Amlogic themselves.
- new Lirc and Eventlirc packages for much quick Infra Red remote control response.
- a new Kodi advancedsettings.xml - remote number Millseconds delay can be tweaked - <remotedelay> </remotedelay>
- CPU Overclocking added to the boot.ini (default is now 1.632GHz)
- configurable - CEC adapter repeats and release. I use - remote button press delay before repeating > 50ms
- annoying CEC popup hidden.
- various Touchscreen modules included.
- Kodi Settings > Video Output tweak and C1 now limited to 1080p resolutions only.
- Extra LE 7.0 Addons - install this Repo from Thoria and restart Now when signalled
https://github.com/thoradia/thoradia

- Extra Love added, as this was where the OE / LE journey began for me on the C1. I'm still very surprised by the speed of this little wee device for Kodi use ! :mrgreen:

W.
Your link go to a 404 error.
I've got 2 files that can be correspond, one 7.0.3 Oclock and another 7.0.3 most recent. Witch one we will use ??

[*] LibreELEC-Odroid_C1.arm-7.0.3.OClock.t.tar 02-Mar-2017 06:08
[*] LibreELEC-Odroid_C1.arm-7.0.3.tar 02-Mar-2017 10:37

Thank again for your work on C1 and I'm glad to see you again in this topic ^_^
Best regards from France too :D

wrxtasy

Unread post by wrxtasy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 pm

This is the one you want...it was still uploading at a snails pace...

mitch911

Unread post by mitch911 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:47 pm

Ok fine ^_^
Last question: I use MySQL Database for Kodi but when I reboot it can't connect to my database. I have to restart Kodi after boot to find it.
As though it can't connect to my database because network isn't ready

wrxtasy

Unread post by wrxtasy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:00 am

I forgot to pull those patches out - its now handled internally inside Kodi settings > Services > MySQL

If using this option also make sure you have in LibreELEC settings > Network > Wait for Network before Starting Kodi > enabled.

I may do another compile and pull this MySQL option out of Kodi settings if it causes grief and unreliability issues. Feedback appreciated.

donante81
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: C1, C2

Re: C1(+) LibreELEC 7.0.3 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 / 24p+HEVC

Unread post by donante81 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:41 am

Amazing!! Thanks wrxtasy!!

mitch911

Unread post by mitch911 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:18 am

wrxtasy wrote:I forgot to pull those patches out - its now handled internally inside Kodi settings > Services > MySQL

If using this option also make sure you have in LibreELEC settings > Network > Wait for Network before Starting Kodi > enabled.

I may do another compile and pull this MySQL option out of Kodi settings if it causes grief and unreliability issues. Feedback appreciated.
You were right (again 8-) ), I've check and my SQL config I'ved put before in advancedsettings is correct in Kodi settings > Services > MySQL.
But the option LibreELEC settings > Network > Wait for Network before Starting Kodi wasn't enabled. I enabled it with 2 second delay and everything work like a charm !!
Thanks for your great job wrxtsay

PS: I've got a confluence bug when I came out from LibreELEC config.

hugo86e

Unread post by hugo86e » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:35 am

thanks again wrxtazy, but is it possible to have the .img file? I'd like to do a clean install on my C1+ because my cec doesn't work any more since I updated OE to LE :o
thanks !

wrxtasy

Unread post by wrxtasy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Yes it is possible - because i just finished LibreELEC 8.0.0 Kodi Krypton 17.1 RC for the C1(+)

This time support will be in the C2 - LibreELEC Sub-forum - to keep everything in the one place:

Click here for C1(+) LE 8.0.0 Krypton

End of the OE/LE C1(+) Kodi Jarvis chapter in this thread.

W.

hugo86e

Unread post by hugo86e » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:39 pm

So cool thank you

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:08 pm

wrxtasy wrote:Yes it is possible - because i just finished LibreELEC 8.0.0 Kodi Krypton 17.1 RC for the C1(+)

This time support will be in the C2 - LibreELEC Sub-forum - to keep everything in the one place:

Click here for C1(+) LE 8.0.0 Krypton

End of the OE/LE C1(+) Kodi Jarvis chapter in this thread.

W.
Great!
I've locked this thread.
Please send me a PM if you want to unlock.

Return to “Other OS”