working NetBSD versions?

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

working NetBSD versions?

Unread postby microsponge » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm trying to get NetBSD running following the wiki Guide https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/odroid-c1/#index3h1 on a Odroid-C1+
For NetBSD-current it works as described. Not so for any release or stable Version of NetBSD (7.0.x, 7.1, ...) for there are issues with mounting the root device, which where already mention in a previous NetBSD-thread:

Code: Select all
ld0c: error reading fsbn 6 (ld0 bn 6; cn 0 tn 0 sn 6)
ld0: filecore boot block I/O error
vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
cannot mount root, error = 6
root device (default ld0f):

In essence the netbsd-ODROID-C1.ub kernel file has to come from the HEAD tree. According to release announcements the ODROID-C1 is supported since 7.0. Maybe the problem is that I'm using a C1+? Is anyone running a stable or release branch of NetBSD or has a explanation for this issue?
microsponge

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+
ODROID-C2

Re: working NetBSD versions?

Unread postby rooted » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 am

First paragraph of the linked page.

ODROID-C1 was a $35 quad-core SBC from Hardkernel. ODROID-C1 support was introduced in NetBSD 7.0. It has been succeeded by the ODROID-C1+, which is supported by the same NetBSD kernel
rooted

ODROIDs: C1
C1+
C2
XU3 Lite
XU4
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby microsponge » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks, that answers the question if it should/can work. Now remaining why it doesn't...
microsponge

ODROID-C2

Unread postby Tshaw91 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:04 am

Hello

I had the same problem yesterday and I thought that my microsd was corrupted so I tried to make another one and now I can not even have these green lines (continuous red led when my c1+ is powered on)

I would like to try ld0a to see if it works but impossible for me to make another "bootable" NetBSD microSD for the moment.

Microsponge could you tell us about the NetBSD tutorial? How did you get your microSD working? Which command do you use to ungz, untar and write the image for example?

Thank you
Tshaw91

languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby microsponge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:52 pm

I did manage to work around the problem by first booting with the current netbsd-ODROID-C1.ub file and then make a clean reboot with the stable file. This is also always necessary after unexpected reboots.
For manipulating the armv7.img I use the tools (tar, disklabel, fdisk, ...) on a (virtual) NetBSD 7.1 amd64 installation. For writing the image I use dd on my openSUSE installation I never had any real issues there, I guess important is a clean sync and unmount.
In the odroid wiki there are some mentions of troubles with micro-SD Adapters. http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... hing_tools
microsponge

ODROID-C2

Return to Other OS