[ 603.487054@0] TCP checksum Error rx desc-mask[4096]
odchab

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: U3,C1

Re: Ubuntu & Debian minimal debootstrap instalation

Unread postby loboris » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:14 am

:!: Update.
Some improvements.
install_desktop now installs kodi in Debian-jessie too.
loboris

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, XU4

Unread postby Technikfreak2002 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:17 pm

I've install xbuntu-desktop instead of lubuntu. works fine so far. I found out that kodi also works fine in xubuntu if you use metacity as window manager.
at this point i hope you can help me.
i use 'metacity --replace' in autostart to load it. have you any idea how to change the window manager like you do for lubuntu in your srcipt?
Thank you!
Technikfreak2002

languages_spoken: german, english (really bad)
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1

Unread postby memeka » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:51 pm

use google "how to change default window manager in xfce"
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby Technikfreak2002 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Very helpfull answer. Thanks.
Technikfreak2002

Unread postby Technikfreak2002 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Maybe i got it. Will test it now.
Technikfreak2002

Unread postby Elektron » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:44 am

Thank you so much for this work. I have installed Ubuntu 14.10 LXDE from your minimal example image without problem and have put the MATE Desktop on, again without trouble. I was wondering how I might change the Ethernet login to be handled by network-manager like the Official ODROID 14.04? Trouble comes when I am not using Ethernet such as a stand alone project without Internet, there is a two minute delay which I would like to remove from the startup times as it hopelessly tries to establish the unwanted Network connection. By using gnome-network-manager in 14.04 I could use a USB wireless key to provide updates on 14.04 when required via the temporary Internet connection.
Elektron

ODROIDs: 1 x XU3-Lite,5 x C-1, 5 x C1+, 1 x XU4

Unread postby loboris » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:04 am

Elektron wrote:... there is a two minute delay which I would like to remove from the startup times ...

Try to edit /etc/init/failsafe.conf and comment or replace with lower values the two sleep lines...
Code: Select all
    # Plymouth errors should not stop the script because we *must* reach
    # the end of this script to avoid letting the system spin forever
    # waiting on it to start.
   $PLYMOUTH message --text="Waiting for network configuration..." || :
   sleep 40

$PLYMOUTH message --text="Waiting up to 60 more seconds for network configuration..." || :
   sleep 59
   $PLYMOUTH message --text="Booting system without full network configuration..." || :
loboris

Unread postby Elektron » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Thank you very much for that! :)

Commenting out all of the delays reduced the boot time to about 25 seconds, about the same as WITH the Ethernet connector in.
I am very happy on the HDMI setting with LCD Monitor running Mate 1.8 on Ubuntu 14.10

The only problems I have now is...

1/ Cannot use "SXGA" mode (1280x1024) on an analogue VGA monitor with HDMI adapter, this works perfectly on ODROID's Ubuntu 14.04-V1.3 All I get is the bottom half of the screen, other resolutions a problem also except HDMI 1080 which overscans both sides but is otherwise readable. This is a Viewsonic 17GS SVGA monitor that I have used successfully for years on lots of different boxes. i have tried manually changing the resolutions in boot.ini and even tried the ODROID-Utility transfered over from their Distribution ( U-14.04-V1.3 )

2/ When I shut down it reboots every second attempt ( probably something naughty that I have done? ). It does shut down but take two tries. The next boot shuts down normally -- then double shut down next boot -- and so on! I have deleted all the LXDE stuff as I am running Mate Desktop and do not need any of it, but still double shut downs.

3/ I updated the kernel using the utility provided but it seems to be the very same kernel and way behind ODROID's latest?

odroid@OdroidC1:~/Desktop$ uname -r
odroid@OdroidC1:~/Desktop$

Other than the above this C1 Distribution is very usable, not quite as good as my XU3 but impressive for the money!
Elektron

Unread postby labsin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:10 am

Anyone got any firewall installed on it? I tried shorewall and ufw. Both are missing some kernel modules.
labsin

ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby mk35per » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:09 am

Cool script, thank you! I was able to install Debian Jessie.
Two remarks: Why ftp.hr.debian.org?
I also was unable to resize my ext4 filesystem, although the partition was resized (after changing sdcard to /dev/mmcblk0p2). Offline resizing via cardreader worked. :)
mk35per

languages_spoken: english, german, french

Unread postby labsin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:59 pm

It seems the new official kernel builds include a lot more modules. http://builder.mdrjr.net/ is depricated mdrjr said.
The kernels from http://deb.odroid.in/ are more recent and include a lot more modules. I tried to install the deb on utopic with little success.
Restoring the older kernel didn't work too, so i'll have to start over again.
labsin

Unread postby Elektron » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:47 am

Elektron wrote:Thank you very much for that! :)

Commenting out all of the delays reduced the boot time to about 25 seconds, about the same as WITH the Ethernet connector in.
I am very happy on the HDMI setting with LCD Monitor running Mate 1.8 on Ubuntu 14.10

The only problems I have now is...

1/ Cannot use "SXGA" mode (1280x1024) on an analogue VGA monitor with HDMI adapter, this works perfectly on ODROID's Ubuntu 14.04-V1.3 All I get is the bottom half of the screen, other resolutions a problem also except HDMI 1080 which overscans both sides but is otherwise readable. This is a Viewsonic 17GS SVGA monitor that I have used successfully for years on lots of different boxes. i have tried manually changing the resolutions in boot.ini and even tried the ODROID-Utility transfered over from their Distribution ( U-14.04-V1.3 )

2/ When I shut down it reboots every second attempt ( probably something naughty that I have done? ). It does shut down but take two tries. The next boot shuts down normally -- then double shut down next boot -- and so on! I have deleted all the LXDE stuff as I am running Mate Desktop and do not need any of it, but still double shut downs.

3/ I updated the kernel using the utility provided but it seems to be the very same kernel and way behind ODROID's latest?

Other than the above this C1 Distribution is very usable, not quite as good as my XU3 but impressive for the money!

Progress made on fixing my setup.

1/ Still cannot use "SXGA" mode (1280x1024) on an analogue VGA monitor with HDMI adapter.

2/ Edited "/etc/default/halt" and set it to"halt" instead of "poweroff". The blue light now goes to fully ON instead of the Heatbeat blink and I then turn off manually at the power switch, no repeat of "reboot".

3/ Added "deb http://deb.odroid.in/c1/ trusty main" to my Repositories.

sudo pluma /etc/apt/sources.list

Using "synaptic", do a "reload" and then to do a search on "linux-image". Select the latest ODROID image and download the newest kernel.
Expand the terminal output section and when it asks to keep the original configuration files, reply YES by clicking on "OK" button. This all takes about five minutes to do.

Check for new kernel version in a terminal after a cold boot.....

3.10.69-70

TODO: Learn something about why the selection of "SXGA" mode (1280x1024) does not work properly.
Elektron

Unread postby reefat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:38 am

I tried this on a Ubuntu 14.04 host machine to create a Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) image. It successfully generated 3 *.img files, but with couple of errors on it's way.

Can you suggest a solution for these two errors:

First Error:
[...]
DEBOOTSTRAP, FIRST STAGE
OK.
Creating "sources.list"
DEBOOTSTRAP, SECOND-STAGE
/second-stage: line 215: cannot redirect standard input from /dev/null: No such file or directory
OK.
DEBOOTSTRAP, SECOND-STAGE FINISHED.
[...]

Second Error:
[...]
Instalation finished.

Creating "fstab"
Creating "boot.ini"
umount: /vagrant/linux-trusty-mini: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
ERROR unmounting ext4 partitions.
reefat

languages_spoken: English

Unread postby rosimildo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:47 pm

The last error ( mount busy ) is due to the "ntd" be left running. Just remove the "nt" packagers from the bootstrapping, and this is solve. Later, you can upload it.
rosimildo

Unread postby reefat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Hey rosimildo, I don't see any "nt" or "ntd" package installed on the host machine. Neither did I find anything elsewhere except "n\np\n1\n$sext4\n$eext4\nt\n83\nw" in "format_sdcard" script. Not sure what that does! Where and how do I remove the "nt" package?
reefat

Unread postby rosimildo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:43 am

Sorry, I should have been a bit more precise.

On the second stage script, you should see this:

# ** INSTALL essential packages
echo "Installing base packages..."
apt-get -y -q install apt-utils locales dialog sudo isc-dhcp-client udev netbase ifupdown iproute openssh-server iputils-ping wget curl ntpdate ntp less tzdata console-common module-init-tools lsb-release u-boot-tools initramfs-tools keyboard-configuration console-setup xz-utils fbset --no-install-recommends >> $_LOGFILE 2>&1 &
pid=$!

Remove: "ntpdate ntp"

When you get the error, at the end of the process, if you look at the running processes at the host: "ps -ef",
you will see that qemu still running the deamon "ntd".

Bye!
rosimildo

Unread postby reefat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:35 am

Thanks rosimildo. Another issue I've noticed after installing minimal desktop and chromium-browser. When I run chromium browser with --use-gl=egl, the OpenGL ES reports few issues and the hardware acceleration doesn't turn on. However, hardware acceleration works perfectly with the default Lubuntu 14.04 (v1.3). So I tried installing xf86-video-fbdev, but that doesn't help. The X11 that is installed via install_mini_desktop script, it feels it is not hardware accelerated for Mali GPU? I certainly feel that there is a step that we are missing which can enable the hardware acceleration via OpenGL ES whether it is for X11 or only for chromium-browser. Does this page (for Mali binary driver) ring a bell?

Here's another forum post about accelerated X.

Any suggestion?
reefat

Unread postby reefat » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 am

Something is wrong here. Does anyone have a clue?
Unpacking bootini (20150302-21) ...
Setting up bootini (20150302-21) ...
/bin/cp: cannot stat ‘/media/boot/boot.ini’: No such file or directory
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.13.0-46-generic
/bin/grep: /boot/config-3.13.0-46-generic: No such file or directory
WARNING: missing /lib/modules/3.13.0-46-generic
Device driver support needs thus be built-in linux image!
depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/3.13.0-46-generic: No such file or directory
depmod: FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory
/bin/df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted file systems: No such file or directory
warning: failed to read mtab
/bin/cat: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory
/bin/cat: /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/hpd_state: No such file or directory
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 15: [: -eq: unexpected operator
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 77: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank: Directory nonexistent
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 78: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank: Directory nonexistent
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 82: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /proc/sys/net/core/rps_sock_flow_entries: Directory nonexistent
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 83: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/rx-0/rps_flow_cnt: Directory nonexistent
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 84: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus: Directory nonexistent
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 85: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/tx-0/xps_cpus: Directory nonexistent
/tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: 88: /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/scripts/local-top/c1_init.sh: cannot create /proc/irq/40/smp_affinity_list: Directory nonexistent
depmod: WARNING: could not open /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/lib/modules/3.13.0-46-generic/modules.order: No such file or directory
depmod: WARNING: could not open /tmp/mkinitramfs_BofFkE/lib/modules/3.13.0-46-generic/modules.builtin: No such file or directory
Image Name:   uInitrd
Created:      Wed Mar 18 16:37:33 2015
Image Type:   ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (uncompressed)
Data Size:    2248462 Bytes = 2195.76 kB = 2.14 MB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point:  00000000

Btw, I have notice in the image creation script, cortex-a9 was used as cpu for Qemu. But ODROID-C1 has cortex-a5. Can anyone please explain?
reefat

Unread postby Clx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:12 pm

rosimildo wrote:Sorry, I should have been a bit more precise.

On the second stage script, you should see this:

# ** INSTALL essential packages
echo "Installing base packages..."
apt-get -y -q install apt-utils locales dialog sudo isc-dhcp-client udev netbase ifupdown iproute openssh-server iputils-ping wget curl ntpdate ntp less tzdata console-common module-init-tools lsb-release u-boot-tools initramfs-tools keyboard-configuration console-setup xz-utils fbset --no-install-recommends >> $_LOGFILE 2>&1 &
pid=$!

Remove: "ntpdate ntp"

When you get the error, at the end of the process, if you look at the running processes at the host: "ps -ef",
you will see that qemu still running the deamon "ntd".

Bye!

Is there a way to solve this issue without removing ntp and ntpdate? Would be cool to have a ready-to-use image without additional steps.
Clx

Unread postby reefat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Actually I solved it without removing ntpdate and ntp. Use "-l" flag with umount. So it should be "umount -l $odir;". This will lazily unmount and won't cause the issue.
reefat

Unread postby blindpet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:37 am

reefat, do you add that to the create droid script?

When the process finishes I get img1, img2, img3, is this because of the unmounting issue or do I just burn the large img2 file?

Edit: confirmed updating all umount instances in the create droid script to reefat's solves the multiple img issue.

I do have another problem though with locales which seems to be an issue with every minimal image I try

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory

locale -a doesn't show en_US.UTF-8 either so this specific package I want to install doesn't work. It's easy enough to do the locale-gen but why was Language=unset?

Any ideas?
blindpet

languages_spoken: english, danish

Unread postby tmpuser » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 am

If I understand correctly, you want to avoid "Can not set" error ...

deboostrap inside ... I use this for Spanish language and keyboard (you can modify your language)

It works for me
----------
# LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C LANG=C chroot $path_rootfs
-----------
# echo -e "LANGUAGE=es_ES.UTF-8\nLANG=es_ES.UTF-8\nLC_ALL=es_ES.UTF-8" > /etc/default/locale
# locale-gen es_ES.UTF-8
# cat << EOF > /tmp/debconf.set
console-common console-data/keymap/full select es
console-common console-data/keymap/policy select Select keymap from full list
console-data console-data/keymap/policy select Select keymap from full list
keyboard-configuration keyboard-configuration/variant select España
keyboard-configuration keyboard-configuration/layoutcode string es
keyboard-configuration keyboard-configuration/modelcode string pc105
keyboard-configuration keyboard-configuration/model select PC genérico 105 teclas (intl)
console-common console-data/keymap/family select qwerty
console-data console-data/keymap/family select qwerty
EOF

# debconf-set-selections /tmp/debconf.set && rm -f /tmp/debconf.set
# export LANGUAGE=es_ES.UTF-8 && export LANG=es_ES.UTF-8 && export LC_ALL=es_ES.UTF-8
# update-locale LANG="es_ES.UTF-8"
# dpkg-reconfigure tzdata && dpkg-reconfigure locales
# echo "root:root" | chpasswd
tmpuser

ODROIDs: odroid-c1

Unread postby REVERSE » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:04 am

Hi all! Thank you, loboris, for this work!
But I have a question. When I try to upgrade packages I see this:
root@odroid:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
linux-image-c1

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Is it normal? Or how to solve it?

P.S.: I know that such problem sometimes is solved by dist-upgrade, but it does nothing with this package. What is it anyway?
Last edited by REVERSE on Mon May 11, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REVERSE

languages_spoken: english, russian

Unread postby reefat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 am

REVERSE wrote:I know that such problem sometimes is solved by dist-upgrade, but it does nothing with this package. What it it anyway?

I replaced "upgrade" by "dist-upgrade". I think this way the kernel is updated to the latest version and we can get the updated drivers.
reefat

Unread postby REVERSE » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:56 pm

reefat wrote:
REVERSE wrote:I know that such problem sometimes is solved by dist-upgrade, but it does nothing with this package. What is it anyway?

I replaced "upgrade" by "dist-upgrade". I think this way the kernel is updated to the latest version and we can get the updated drivers.

I've done dist-upgrade, the kernel was updated, but this package is never updated. What is it in the first place?

BTW, I have debian wheezy and this in sources.list:
deb http://deb.odroid.in/c1/ trusty main
deb http://deb.odroid.in/ trusty main

May be this is wrong? But there is no package for wheezy in deb.odroid.in :(
REVERSE

languages_spoken: english, russian

Unread postby Pienoet » Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 am

Is this working XU3 too?
Pienoet

languages_spoken: english Dutch

Unread postby loboris » Mon May 18, 2015 2:16 am

Pienoet wrote:Is this working XU3 too?

Not without changes...
loboris

Re: How to: Ubuntu & Debian debootstrap instalation (UPDATED

Unread postby loboris » Tue May 19, 2015 12:44 am

:!: UPDATE:
  • Scripts cleaned, improved, many bugs corrected.
  • Added full support for Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid).
  • Added new scripts for desktop installation, (LUBUNTU on Trusty, LXDE on other releases, Mate on Vivid & jessie):
  • Added support for Mate desktop in Ubuntu 15.04 & Debian jessie.
  • Mate desktop and Lubuntu Desktop (only on Ubuntu 14.04) are with mali drivers installed, so kodi can be installed (and works great).
  • Added backup/restore scripts.
  • All parameters are now placed in "params.sh" file
See opening post for details.
loboris

Unread postby loboris » Tue May 19, 2015 7:15 am

:!: SD Card Images with Ubuntu 15.04 Mate Desktop and Debian Jessie Mate Desktop uploaded !
Copy to SD Card 4GB or greater.
loboris

Unread postby bakaniko » Tue May 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Really great work here with neat scripts.
It is really easy to create an image with it.
It also helps me to get a better understanding of how it is made and I am grateful for it.

I'm currently downloading the imgs you provided as a reference.

Thank you
bakaniko

languages_spoken: english, french

Unread postby loboris » Wed May 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Update:
  • some small fixes in scripts
  • image with Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) - Lubuntu desktop uploaded.
loboris

Re: How to: Ubuntu & Debian debootstrap instalation

Unread postby tristank » Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Where are the wheezy images? I only see Jessie for download.
tristank

ODROIDs: Odroid C1

Unread postby loboris » Tue May 26, 2015 1:09 am

tristank wrote:Where are the wheezy images? I only see Jessie for download.

There was a problem with creation of the wheezy image. It is now solved, so you can download corrected scripts and create the wheezy image.
Minimal wheezy image is uploaded to Mega.
loboris

Unread postby reflex » Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 am

Hi there! not sure if this's the place to ask this. I've just use your minimal vivid image (vivid-minimal 2015-05-18)

I see that the image dont have any logging system (syslog), so I try to install rsyslog, but keeps getting an error on install
root@OdroidC1:~# apt-get install rsyslog
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  rsyslog-mysql rsyslog-pgsql rsyslog-doc rsyslog-gnutls rsyslog-gssapi rsyslog-relp apparmor
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  rsyslog
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/321 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,157 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously unselected package rsyslog.
(Reading database ... 16881 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../rsyslog_7.4.4-1ubuntu14_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking rsyslog (7.4.4-1ubuntu14) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (219-7ubuntu5) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Setting up rsyslog (7.4.4-1ubuntu14) ...
The user `syslog' is already a member of `adm'.
start: Job failed to start
invoke-rc.d: initscript rsyslog, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package rsyslog (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 rsyslog
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I get the same error trying to start syslog from init
root@OdroidC1:~# /etc/init.d/rsyslog start
start: Job failed to start

Maybe it's not the post to ask this, maybe I should use another image?

Thanks!
reflex

languages_spoken: english, portuguese, spanish
ODROIDs: C1,C1+

Unread postby loboris » Tue May 26, 2015 2:28 am

reflex wrote:Hi there! not sure if this's the place to ask this. I've just use your minimal vivid image (vivid-minimal 2015-05-18)

I see that the image dont have any logging system (syslog), so I try to install rsyslog, but keeps getting an error on install

In Ubuntu Vivid systemd replaced Upstart. To be able to install Vivid to Odroid C1 I had to install upstart-sysv package which reverts it to Upstart.
Maybe the problem with rsyslog is connected to that. I'll try to investigate the problem.
loboris

Unread postby lewmur » Wed May 27, 2015 12:23 am

I tried the vivid-mate image and have a problem. It is connecting the ethernet cable. During boot, it waits trying to set up the network, then waits an additional 60 seconds, and then skips the setup. Once it gets to the desktop, there is no network connection. Boot the old Ubuntu SD and the network works fine.
lewmur

ODROIDs: odroid-c

Unread postby newroad » Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 am

What is the minimal boot time with your ubuntu image
newroad

ODROIDs: U2, U3

Unread postby loboris » Wed May 27, 2015 5:27 am

lewmur wrote:I tried the vivid-mate image and have a problem. It is connecting the ethernet cable. During boot, it waits trying to set up the network, then waits an additional 60 seconds, and then skips the setup. Once it gets to the desktop, there is no network connection. Boot the old Ubuntu SD and the network works fine.

Check your /etc/network/interfaces. If you have problem with dhcp, try to configure static IP address
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.0.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255
        gateway 192.168.0.1
Adjust addresses acording to your router configuration.
loboris

Unread postby loboris » Wed May 27, 2015 6:10 am

newroad wrote:What is the minimal boot time with your ubuntu image

Minimal images boots in about 25 sek (power on to login prompt). It depends mostly of your sd card speed.
loboris

Unread postby Martin1234 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:47 am

@ loboris: I tried nearly all your images, but my ethernet port does not work. I downloaded the *.img files from MEGA and flashed them on Windows 7 with the dedicated tool and also tried on an Ubuntu machine via command line as described by you and the wiki. No success. Also tried static IP as you described.

Actually also the 2 official Ubuntu versions didnt work out, but I was able to use a LAN-USB adapter to connect to the device via SSH and update my Linux Firmware over the odroid-utility.sh tool. Then the Ethernet worked - but only on the official releases as mentioned. Look here my thread: viewtopic.php?f=111&t=13246
Martin1234

Unread postby loboris » Wed May 27, 2015 10:04 am

Martin1234 wrote:@ loboris: I tried nearly all your images, but my ethernet port does not work. I downloaded the *.img files from MEGA and flashed them on Windows 7 with the dedicated tool and also tried on an Ubuntu machine via command line as described by you and the wiki. No success. Also tried static IP as you described.

Actually also the 2 official Ubuntu versions didnt work out, but I was able to use a LAN-USB adapter to connect to the device via SSH and update my Linux Firmware over the odroid-utility.sh tool. Then the Ethernet worked - but only on the official releases as mentioned. Look here my thread: viewtopic.php?f=111&t=13246

Try to uncomment the line #ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full in /etc/rc.local and reboot.
Have you tried wheezy-minimal.img, it is built with latest wersion of the script.
loboris

Unread postby theBOSS » Wed May 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Loboris check your script in the second-stage you need to add:

cat >> /etc/network/interfaces << _EOF_
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
_EOF_

And check in the creation of hosts file, you need to integrate the hostname por example:

127.0.0.1 OdroidC1 ....
127.0.1.1 OdroidC1
:01 OdroidC1 ....

Best regards!
http://lordpedal.ddns.net... la culminación de un fin es el comienzo de una realidad.
theBOSS

languages_spoken: spanish, english

Unread postby loboris » Wed May 27, 2015 6:35 pm

theBOSS wrote:Loboris check your script in the second-stage you need to add:

cat >> /etc/network/interfaces << _EOF_
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
_EOF_

And check in the creation of hosts file, you need to integrate the hostname por example:

127.0.0.1 OdroidC1 ....
127.0.1.1 OdroidC1
:01 OdroidC1 ....

Best regards!

Thank you for noticing. I'll put the loopback interface in interfaces. It is not really needed, but it is usually there.
hosts file should be created, the script does not touch it.
loboris

Unread postby theBOSS » Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 am

Sorry for my english Loboris, i say you that your hosts file created after execute the script is:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

And I suggest modify include the hostname (in this example was OdroidC1 the hostname)

127.0.0.1 OdroidC1 localhost
127.0.1.1 OdroidC1
::1 OdroidC1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

Best regards!
http://lordpedal.ddns.net... la culminación de un fin es el comienzo de una realidad.
theBOSS

Unread postby loboris » Thu May 28, 2015 1:57 am

theBOSS wrote:Sorry for my english Loboris, i say you that your hosts file created after execute the script is:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

And I suggest modify include the hostname (in this example was OdroidC1 the hostname)

127.0.0.1 OdroidC1 localhost
127.0.1.1 OdroidC1
::1 OdroidC1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

Best regards!

I don't have any problem with your English.
hosts file is only for local use and you can put anything you want in it.
It serves only that you can use names instead of IP addresses. For example, you can add in it descriptive names for computers in your LAN.
Thank youu for sugestions.
loboris

Unread postby theBOSS » Thu May 28, 2015 2:46 am

Thanks Loboris, you have create a very great script!
theBOSS

Unread postby Martin1234 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:48 am

I now have a HDMI cable. I tried some of your images (vvivid-mate; jessie-minimal; wheezy-minimal) and downloaded from MEGA, unpacked and flashed under Windows 7 64bit. Then powered up, but I only get a bright black screen. At vivid-mate I suddenly got desktop-login after 4-5 minutes.

What am I doing wrong? :D *omg*
Martin1234

Unread postby loboris » Thu May 28, 2015 6:18 am

Martin1234 wrote:I now have a HDMI cable. I tried some of your images (vvivid-mate; jessie-minimal; wheezy-minimal) and downloaded from MEGA, unpacked and flashed under Windows 7 64bit. Then powered up, but I only get a bright black screen. At vivid-mate I suddenly got desktop-login after 4-5 minutes.

What am I doing wrong? :D *omg*

I haven't tested the images under Windows until now, so to test I did following (in Windows 8.1 64bit):
- downloaded image (weezy-minimal) from Mega
- unpacked the image
- formated sdcard (8GB SanDisk Ultra) to 1 fat32 partition.
- copied the image using Win32 Disk Imager to sd card
- inserted the sdcard into C1
- powered on C1
- after 30 seconds got the login prompt (it is normal for Debian images that the screen is blank until login prompt)

I really don't know what could be the problem. Can you attach serial cable and check the boot process?
loboris

PreviousNext

Return to Ubuntu