[Release] Kodi Jarvis 16.0 FINAL for Ubuntu

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

[Release] Kodi Jarvis 16.0 FINAL for Ubuntu

Unread postby XeoSal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:18 am

Our beloved C1/+ has to get the greatest and latest stable media player available which is Kodi Jarvis 16.0 FINAL for both Mali-X11/Mali-FBDEV, I have just compiled it natively on the device itself running Ubuntu trusty with all possible optimization flags including neon.

(HowTo) Integrate ODROBIAN Repository
Please note that you have to apply this to your system only ONCE, if you haven't done it before. First step is exporting the repository Public Key to your system trusted zone:

Code: Select all
odroid:$ sudo -s
odroid:# wget -O- http://oph.mdrjr.net/odrobian/public-key.asc | apt-key add -

Well, now you have to get the apt-list containing the package and put it inside your apt sources directory, It's available on my repository under the (odroid/s805) branch. Here's where you should put this:

odroid:# cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
odroid:# wget *

(*) = List Download Link

Installation
Simply by "apt-get" from a terminal window, update lists:

odroid:$ sudo apt-get update

Install Kodi Jarvis for X11:

odroid:$ sudo apt-get install kodi-x11-trusty

Otherwise you may want to install Kodi Jarvis for FBDEV:

odroid:$ sudo apt-get install kodi-fbdev-trusty

Revert Back to Stock

Remove our version:

odroid:$ sudo apt-get remove kodi*trusty

Install HardKernel version:

odroid:$ sudo apt-get install kodi

Remarks:
  • Our "odroid" branch will not conflict with the official repository from HardKernel.
  • Installing one of these packages will automatically remove all other old Kodi packages.
  • Source code is pulled from @owersun git repository.
Enjoy! :)
ODROBIAN Jessie (C1/C1+/C0) (C2) (XU3/XU4) | RetroGaming Arcade (C1/C1+/C0) (XU3/XU4) | Repository (Debian/Ubuntu) (HowTo?)
XeoSal

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2 & XU4

Re: [Release] Kodi Jarvis 16.0 FINAL for Ubuntu

Unread postby nccchirag » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:16 pm

will it work for odroid U3 ?
nccchirag

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby matrix2311 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 am

Hi,

i installed the 16.0 from the ppa without any problems on my C1. But i'm a vdr-user and the ppa does not contain the needed pvr.vdr.vnsi-plugin-version for Kodi.

Therefore i compiled yesterday the latest version from the jarvis-git-branch of the client-plugin (version 1.11.19) and uploaded the plugin as zip-file to this post. This one works directly with KODI 16.0. You have to install the addon manually via Settings :arrow: Add-ons :arrow: Install from zip file in Kodi.

Greetings,
Oliver.
Attachments
addon-pvr.vdr.vnsi-1.11.19.zip
(739.53 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
matrix2311

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby psweber » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Hello,
I have an ODroid C1 running Lubuntu 14.04 and Kodi 15.2 I have received notices to upgrade Kodi and some add-ons are beginning to not work. I would like to upgrade to Kodi 16.1 only as I see many problems wit Kodi 17. I am not really interested in re-flashing as I mainly us it for my media centre and don't want to loose all my settings/history. (I have worked hard to make everything the way I want it) I tried to run -upgrade but it says 1pkg held back and Kodi did not change nor Lubuntu upgrade. This may be because of settings made when installing my weather station which I also do not want to loose/rebuild. Will this process you describe here work for me or can you point me to another.
thanks for your help
psweber

languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: C1

Return to Ubuntu