ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:53 am

Ok, Thx :-) Just install your image and make update, that's all...
bpbiszkopt

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby aric1979 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

meveric wrote:yes some time ago mdrjr changed his webspace a little while ago from http to https and apt needs special treatment for that:
Code: Select all
su -
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
sed -i "s/^/#/" *.list
apt-get update
apt-get install apt-transport-https ca-certificates
sed -i "s/^#//" *.list
# after this you can update as usual again:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

Ok I did all of this and the updates worked awesome but now the old XBMC does not work. I can hear it but not see it. I thought well maybe I need to upgrade to Kodi. I tried your instructions on that per page 17 of this thread but that doesn't work for me either. It says
Unable to loacate package.
aric1979

ODROIDs: xu4 U3 C2

Unread postby meveric » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:30 pm

give me a little time to investigate..
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby aric1979 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:32 pm

aric1979 wrote:
meveric wrote:yes some time ago mdrjr changed his webspace a little while ago from http to https and apt needs special treatment for that:
su -
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
sed -i "s/^/#/" *.list
apt-get update
apt-get install apt-transport-https ca-certificates
sed -i "s/^#//" *.list
# after this you can update as usual again:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

Ok I did all of this and the updates worked awesome but now the old XBMC does not work. I can hear it but not see it. I thought well maybe I need to upgrade to Kodi. I tried your instructions on that per page 17 of this thread but that doesn't work for me either. It says
Unable to loacate package.

One thing I forgot to mention is I did the select all copy and paste of what you had wrote without noticing the "#after this you can update as usual again:" Then I just did the update line without closing the window and reopening it. I don't know if that could have messed anything up or not since it was in a different section or directory. I guess I can just start all over flash the old base image to my sd card boot it up then copy and paste it correctly? When it updates is it supposed to install kodi? Or leave Xbmc and I need to past in apt-get kodi-odroid line?
aric1979

Unread postby meveric » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:59 pm

lines starting with a # are comments, and terminal will just ignore them, so there's no issue with that.
It will not update from xbmc to kodi. Kodi has to be installed manually.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 pm

Ok I've tested the update for the U3 and came across a few issues.
In fact it does upgrade from XBMC to Kodi, as I put that into setup-ogst-odroid.
I had some issues starting Kodi afterwards and when I checked into it I found it was complaining about the language which apparently was not found, but I could easily correct this with:
sed -i "s?<language>English (US)</language>?<language>English</language>?" ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

The issue with the missing items for the RCB is in fact the rcb_useOldAlignment value it's located in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/settings.xml and needs to be set to "false".
After that I had no issues with Kodi anymore and everything was working as expected.

I'll update the image on the first page to the recent version of this image in a little bit, therefore you don't have to do these steps yourself.
But, if you can't wait, the above information should be enough to fix the image yourself.

Edit:
new version is uploaded and linked on the first page.
meveric

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Thx meveric... i don't why i didn't saw rcb_useOldAlignment line in confluence skin file...
Kodi working fine...i see scrappers.
I have two more question.
How should works retroarch...if i run it from desktop, it runs like oldschool...
If i run it from terminal with sudo it looks like this
This one form sudo looks much user friendly but when i trying to update/load any core it refresh and nothing happens.
And the second question at the menu there is something like mame arcade emulator, when i trying to lunch it nothing happens, form terminal i have segmentation fault.
bpbiszkopt

ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby meveric » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 pm

bpbiszkopt wrote:Thx meveric... i don't why i didn't saw rcb_useOldAlignment line in confluence skin file...
Kodi working fine...i see scrappers.
I have two more question.
How should works retroarch...if i run it from desktop, it runs like oldschool...
If i run it from terminal with sudo it looks like this

starting it from menu starts retroarch as user odroid (using the settings I prepared)
starting from terminal with sudo starts retroarch as user root (sudo = super user do -> super user = root) and with the settings for root (which are not configured by me).
bpbiszkopt wrote:This one form sudo looks much user friendly

It's just the setting what design you want to use and can be changed in the driver settings, I'm actually thinking about changing the design to the new one soon.
In the past the new design was very buggy and did not work correctly, but that was fixed some time ago.

bpbiszkopt wrote:but when i trying to update/load any core it refresh and nothing happens.

No surprise, the root user has no configuration for retraorch, the default config does not know where cores are located and such, don't use sudo, there's no point what so ever for useing sudo to start retroarch, it just makes your system more vulnerable to attacks.
bpbiszkopt wrote:And the second question at the menu there is something like mame arcade emulator, when i trying to lunch it nothing happens, form terminal i have segmentation fault.

Don't know about this, that's nothing I installed (at least it shouldn't).
meveric

Unread postby aric1979 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 am

meveric wrote:Ok I've tested the update for the U3 and came across a few issues.
In fact it does upgrade from XBMC to Kodi, as I put that into setup-ogst-odroid.
I had some issues starting Kodi afterwards and when I checked into it I found it was complaining about the language which apparently was not found, but I could easily correct this with:
sed -i "s?<language>English (US)</language>?<language>English</language>?" ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

The issue with the missing items for the RCB is in fact the rcb_useOldAlignment value it's located in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/settings.xml and needs to be set to "false".
After that I had no issues with Kodi anymore and everything was working as expected.

I'll update the image on the first page to the recent version of this image in a little bit, therefore you don't have to do these steps yourself.
But, if you can't wait, the above information should be enough to fix the image yourself.

Edit:
new version is uploaded and linked on the first page.

Thank you very very much. All fixed up :D
aric1979

Unread postby aric1979 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:45 am

I installed a xu4 fan on top of my u3 heat sink and plugged it in. Is there a way I can have it come on like you do the XU4 game station turbo build on my U3? The fan noise doesn't bother me at all.
aric1979

Unread postby meveric » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 pm

it should do that automatically when needed... the U3 is much cooler than the XU4 therefore it's rarely needed.. and stays off most of the time.
meveric

Previous

Return to Projects