Some questions about VU7C

zyssai
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid N2+ 4Gb
Vu7a+

Some questions about VU7C

Post by zyssai »

Hi.

I thought about using VU7C in place of VU7A+, for further installation in other similar cars (referring to this project) because VU7C seems to be easier to integrate (I had to cut some parts of the car dashboard to fit VU7A+).

So I just wanna know:

Do these screens have similar display (brightness, viewing angle, quality of dark pictures?)
Is VU7C touchscreen working with latest LOS19.1 directly after flash? Seems to be gpio connection in place of USB, it's right?
Is there a way to control VU7C brightness on Android settings (like the VU7A+ wired on gpio?)

Thanks for those who can help me ;)

joerg
languages_spoken: german, english, español
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2, N1, N2, C4

Re: Some questions about VU7C

Post by joerg »

zyssai wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:33 pm
Do these screens have similar display (brightness, viewing angle, quality of dark pictures?)
I would say yes. It's only a first impression. After my experiments it went dark. Before I saw a light shadow in bottom area like the backlight would not be the same over all area.
zyssai wrote:
Is VU7C touchscreen working with latest LOS19.1 directly after flash? Seems to be gpio connection in place of USB, it's right?
Yes it's working in 19.0, then I bet it works also on 19.1. For touch need to edit env.ini to set overlays.
zyssai wrote:
Is there a way to control VU7C brightness on Android settings (like the VU7A+ wired on gpio?)
There will be a way, when Hardkernel looks into it and @voodik also. It seems that only the right pwm port must be corrected in the driver. Or why not make the driver read a property more, to set the pwm port.
photo_2022-06-22_19-42-28.jpg
photo_2022-06-22_19-42-28.jpg (228.42 KiB) Viewed 34 times
These users thanked the author joerg for the post:
zyssai (Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:51 am)

zyssai
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid N2+ 4Gb
Vu7a+

Re: Some questions about VU7C

Post by zyssai »

Thanks for the time you took for me joerg.

You are right, on your picture it seems backlight is better quality with Vu7a+.

So touchscreen connection is made directly to gpio port? How many pins are used?

Return to “ODROID-VU”