VU5 touch screen not working with Raspberry Pi

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

VU5 touch screen not working with Raspberry Pi

Unread postby ckr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi all,
I have been working with Raspberry Pi and Odroid VU5 touch screen for quite some time now. I was able to install touch driver for Raspberry Jessie OS sucessfully and use it properly without any issue. Later I wanted my application to start on boot. So I have edited .bashrc with the path to the application. When the Rpi booted up everthing went fine but the touch started behaving like a drag-mouse all of sudden , I need to press on the pointer and move it around, then I need to tap the screen for press. This behavior did not appear on a normal boot before editing .bashrc. Later I found that the touch works like a drag-mouse when i use it only in console mode by pressing (ctrl+Alt+F1) on Jessie OS and it works perfectly when I use it on the desktop environment. I have tried upgrading and updating the kernel but no luck. Is there a way to fix this issue. Please help me out in this and thanks in advance.
ckr

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Re: VU5 touch screen not working with Raspberry Pi

Unread postby odroid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 pm

I have no idea why it works in mouse mode(relative coordination instead of absolute coordination).

When we tested our Vu series with XU4 Debian Jessie, there was no such issue.
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=17542
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Return to ODROID-VU