First, let me share my thanks for all the responses and advice, it helped.
Unfortunately, I think it only helped in determining that the board itself is the case of my problems not the SD Cards or Images. But in the interest of gettting this resolved, I've taken the time to report on all the steps I've undertaken to make this rig work.
Images Used in Tests
- Used 3 cards to test. I have two 16GB and one 32GB SSD card
- All three cards are Class 10 Lexar cards
- All three where tested using FAKEFLASHTEST and all passed
- I reformatted the cards on my Virtual Linux Mint workstation
- After using Mint to delete the partition and reformat , I reformatted yet again using the Win32SDFomatter software
- I also tested using both quick and full formatting options
Imaging Tool and Process Used in Test
- I downloaded the Odroid version version of Win32DiskImager (0.9.5)
- I checked each download using the MD5 values
- I tested each image on each card at least once...for one of the 16GB cards twice (using both a quick and full format)
Well I was hoping that it was a PABKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair) but at this time I don't think so. No matter what the card does not boot (by the way the screen and USB hard drive where not plugged-in for any of the tests). I get a red led indicating that the power is getting to the board but not other activity. I also ensured that the selector switch was set to SD card as opposed to EMMC for boot. In addition to all that, in the event that it was a defective activity LED or that the fan was not working, left the system "on" for about 5 min to gauge if there was some activity that I was not able to notice. I am running this rig without a screen keyboard or mouse attached.
Lastly, to eliminate my stupidity from the equation, I reformatted on last time and loaded rasbianpi on each card. I then used each in my RaspberyPI and RaspberryPI1 boards and all worked flawlessly.
At this point I can't see the forest from the trees or the trees from the forest (I always get that one wrong), so any help is appreciated.
Thanking you in advance