ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC for XU3/XU4

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC for XU3/XU4

Unread postby crooked » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:27 pm

meveric wrote:to make sure the mountpoint has always the same name there are two things you can do.
Give the partition a name http://askubuntu.com/a/276928 so t's always the same under /media/odroid
and second: you can create a folder somewhere for example /srv/MyShare/ and use fstab (or a shell script) to always mount it in that folder.
The second one would have the benefit that the samba share would ALWAYS be there even if the media disk is not connected, and therefore you never need to change the samba configuration.
Means, if the HDD is correctly mounted, then you see all your files in the folder.. if the HDD is not correctly mounted, you see an empty folder, but at least you ALWAYS have "something".

on it, thank you.

funny enough, it happened again since I posted that...

so it must be what, randomly re mounting?

trying fstab, seems to be the best option
crooked

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby crooked » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 pm

and since I did Fstab, it wont boot anymore.

the only entry in fstab i added was /dev/sdb2 /odroid/media
yikes!

EDIT:
So I gparted live from a laptop to the boot device of the effected drive, swaped out that line from fstab and everything works!!

anyone mind helping me with this fstab line? should I use UUID instead? or is /dev/sdb2? what other params am i missing?

imgur when i put entry in fstab
http://imgur.com/a/OaDPb

tried:
/dev/sda2 /media/odroid ext4 rw 0 0
and
/dev/sda2 /media/odroid (with no parameters)
crooked

Unread postby meveric » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:24 am

you shouldn't mount to /media/odroid... that's a very bad idea.. that mount point is used for many other things.. every time you put in a USB device like a thumb-drive it's mounted under /media/odroid/<device-name> if you now take that folder and use it for your own purpose you break that entire eco system.. Don't mount directly into system folders.
Create a new folder and mount it inside that.

If you check the picture you see a device /dev/sda3 is getting mounted.. that would normally be mounted in /media/odroid could be due to your entry that's no longer possible to do and might cause this issue.

Once again do NOT directly mount into /media/odroid!!!

In fact don't mount into /media at all, since even the folder /media/odroid should be auto generated and might not be available on boot.
As I said earlier.. make a folde under /srv/ and let it mount in that folder..
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby crooked » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:26 am

OK I will try that.

anything wrong with my fstab? or should i abandon this concept and do a mount /dev/mnt/samba2 or something?
Should i stick there permanently?

thank you
crooked

Unread postby meveric » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:34 am

/mnt/samba2 if you create that folder could work as well, but don't use /dev/<something> that doesn't work either.. /dev/ is also system, don't touch that.

easiest fstab is probably
Code: Select all
/dev/sda2   /srv/MyDisk/   ext4   defaults   0   0

but I guess yours should work too. Make sure that the folder you mount to exists.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:01 am

Hi,
while playing a while with only an Joypad I run into a black screen (screen blanking)
I have removed it in my xorg.conf ...

Perhaps you make this the default one?

# X.Org X server configuration file for xfree86-video-mali

Section "Device"
   Identifier    "Mali-Fbdev"
   Driver      "armsoc"
   Option      "fbdev"              "/dev/fb0"
   Option     "Debug"       "false"
   Option      "DPMS"         "false"
   Option      "Fimg2DExa"      "true"
   Option      "DRI2"         "true"
   Option      "DRI2_PAGE_FLIP"   "false"
#   Option      "Fimg2DExaSolid"   "false"
#   Option      "Fimg2DExaCopy"      "false"
   Option      "Fimg2DExaComposite"   "true"
        Option          "SWcursorLCD"           "false"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   Identifier   "Default Screen"
   Device       "Mali-Fbdev"
   DefaultDepth 24
EndSection

Section "DRI"
   Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier "ServerLayout0"
   Option "BlankTime" "0"
   Option "StandbyTime" "0"
   Option "SuspendTime" "0"
   Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

I have added the "Section ServerLayout" to prevent screen blanking
Phoenixkonsole

ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby meveric » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:09 am

Yeah "back then" with Debian Wheezy and ODROID U2/U3 we used that option all the time (if you check /etc/X11/xorg.conf-mali you'll actualy still find that option^^), but it's acutally no longer required.
Just check -> System -> Preferences -> Power Management and turn off that it shutdown the display. That should be all that's needed.
meveric

Unread postby crooked » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:59 am

meveric wrote:/mnt/samba2 if you create that folder could work as well, but don't use /dev/<something> that doesn't work either.. /dev/ is also system, don't touch that.

easiest fstab is probably
/dev/sda2   /srv/MyDisk/   ext4   defaults   0   0

but I guess yours should work too. Make sure that the folder you mount to exists.

but i should use UUID=
i suppose?
crooked

Unread postby crooked » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:04 pm

rc.local seemed to be easier to deal with. i also changed from /media/odroid to /mnt/samba2 as per meveric's "suggestion"

however it is not stable, randomly after a few hrs the mount point dissapears from rc.local "mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt"
crooked

Unread postby meveric » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:54 pm

you might want to check syslog or dmesg.. maybe the harddrive is not working stable or goes in some kind of power save mode.
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi,
i have a Problem with Bluetooth.
It seems I have to disable sixad everytime to enable Bluetooth at all.
I tried the --boot-no option to disable sixad at boot but it doesn't change anything..
I have no bluetooth at all and if click on Bluetooth manager I get Bluez not running or device not attached message.
If I type sixad --stop it goes on again.

Is it possible that the --boot-no option failed for some reason?
How to get "normal" bluetooth running straight after booting.

Regards,

and merry christmas ; )
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby meveric » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:44 am

sixad has to reconfigure bluetooth to work. One can not run with the other, without sixad --stop it won't work.
Normally it should work with service sixad start and stop, or maybe with systemctl, but it tend to cause issues.

sixad sadly is very fragile.
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 am

.. hmm .. it works when i stop it..
But how to keep this "stopped state" ?
After a reboot I have again sixad running..

If you like to have a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo running, you can't because of sixad..
At least not before you stop it every time : ) very annoying

How can I get rid of it and get normal Bluetooth back?
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby meveric » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:49 am

well you can always uninstall sixad.
Maybe it works if you try to disable it via systemd.
Try systemctl disable sixad although I'm not sure if it's working.
Or just put a sixad --stop in /etc/rc.local or create a script that is stopping it and run it as a startup application.
meveric

Unread postby crooked » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:09 am

anyone know how to diagnose general freezing and unresponsiveness?

I tought initially it was my cheapo usb 3.0 stick that i was running OS from.

then i switched to a nice usb 3.0 WD Passport HDD formatted to EXT4 and ran the OS from there.

But generally it is fast and amazing, however 1-3 times a day it freezes up upon doing something within XBMC.
I can not confirm if the debian OS behind is frozen too.

Suggestions for logs or ways to see what is happening?

thank you, merry christmas!

EDIT: did a "TOP" command and i see that KODI.bin is running 95-106% CPU usage. Is that normal?
crooked

Unread postby meveric » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:46 am

crooked wrote:I tought initially it was my cheapo usb 3.0 stick that i was running OS from.

putting the OS on USB stick is a very bad idea. USB sticks wear out very quickly from my experience.

crooked wrote:But generally it is fast and amazing, however 1-3 times a day it freezes up upon doing something within XBMC.
I can not confirm if the debian OS behind is frozen too.

Suggestions for logs or ways to see what is happening?

Well you can always check on /var/log/syslog what happend around the time the system crashed.

crooked wrote:EDIT: did a "TOP" command and i see that KODI.bin is running 95-106% CPU usage. Is that normal?

Well apparently the RSS feed on the start page of Kodi uses huge amount of CPU. If you go in a submenu it should be a lot less CPU usage.
meveric

Unread postby crooked » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:37 am

That rss feed is the first thing I disable when setting up xbmc.

just froze now, checked logs

its like it freezes for a moment, then everything is fine. It seems to only freeze when you hassle system with multiple inputs and such.

Maybe is CEC related, going to figure first if it is KODI or debain.
crooked

Unread postby meveric » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:54 am

CEC is known to have a couple issue.. Never used it over a longer period of time.
I rather use my GamePad, or mouse/keyboard for this.
meveric

Unread postby alberticus » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:01 pm

I just did the complete update and noticed in the GST setup menu there is an option to disable to refresh rate which says fixes tearing in the XU4; however, I dont see any difference with it on or off. Is there another setting or update that needs to be adjusted once this is done? Was super excited since my XU4 has been collecting dust due to the tearing issues. Thanks!
alberticus

ODROIDs: XU4

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:11 pm

It's for watching movies. If you play movies that are in 24Hz or 25Hz you often had trearing effects on the movie which made them a bad experience to watch.
This options makes sure that all videos are played in 60Hz and therefore eleminates tearing. It won't eleminate other thearing effects on menu or other things.

But adding the user odroid to the group video "might" actually be a better solution for fixing tearing issues, although it causes issues with N64 emulation.
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi,

can I disable anti micro when using emulation station?
Sometime it prevents me from reboot or powering off and actually I don't know why it is launched at all.

AFAIK it is required for xbmc?
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:03 am

Phoenixkonsole wrote:Hi,

can I disable anti micro when using emulation station?
Sometime it prevents me from reboot or powering off and actually I don't know why it is launched at all.

AFAIK it is required for xbmc?

AntiMicro maps Keyboard keys to buttons of your gamepad. For example all emulator should be able to exit by pressing the left analog stick (at least with a XBox 360 gamepad).
Some emultors (like MSX) the buttons are mapped to be able to play it at all (movement and action keys are mapped to joystick buttons, since it's normally controlled by keyboard for that emulator).
It's just convenience but not required. You can uninstall it if you want, or you can alter the start scripts unter /usr/local/bin to disable antimicro calls.
meveric

Unread postby odroid » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Very interesting and useful review. :D
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby tipoto » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:55 pm

This is for sure an amazing image, I don't even know how it can be updated and improved everyday just by one person (and I didn't talk about all the support and all the port games and the articles in the magazine and more...).
But my opinion is that, if you buy a XU4 for a retro-gaming purpose only (like me), the XU4 with OGST will never get the success it deserves as long as the tearing will be an issue with the GPU drivers, I know it's not in our hands here, but because of that it almost disqualifies the whole purpose of buying this board.
I still use it since I love OGST and the meveric's work, and I keep hoping that we will get, someday, the magical update that will fixe definitively this issue, but it's been years now...
However I have to say, the overall performances with N64, PSP and Dreamcast are great, but the tearing issue with the 2D scrolling games is an experience killer.
tipoto

languages_spoken: French, English & Spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:16 pm

yeap, that's actually a nice review.
Now I guess I should contact the guy and help him fix some issues with the board image to help improve things a little bit.

tipoto wrote:This is for sure an amazing image, I don't even know how it can be updated and improved everyday just by one person (and I didn't talk about all the support and all the port games and the articles in the magazine and more...).
But my opinion is that, if you buy a XU4 for a retro-gaming purpose only (like me), the XU4 with OGST will never get the success it deserves as long as the tearing will be an issue with the GPU drivers, I know it's not in our hands here, but because of that it almost disqualifies the whole purpose of buying this board.
I still use it since I love OGST and the meveric's work, and I keep hoping that we will get, someday, the magical update that will fixe definitively this issue, but it's been years now...
However I have to say, the overall performances with N64, PSP and Dreamcast are great, but the tearing issue with the 2D scrolling games is an experience killer.

Adding odroid to the video group actually is working rather good to reduce tearing, I really enjoy playing that way with reduced tearing, although it introduces a new issue (like there always seems to be a new issue when you fix one) which causes N64 to slow down. I found this is related to swapping buffers.. Games that should run on 50 FPS run only on 40 FPS, not cause the system is too slow, but cause it does something wrong internally.
I tried switching my TV 50 Hz before starting the game, and it dropped even lower running the game on 32 FPS instead. something is working completely wrong here.
Disabling SWAP-BUFFER in the libretro module drops the FPS from normally 50 FPS to 25 FPS, BUT it's back to full speed. Not sure what's causing the bug here. Older versions and newer version of mupen64plus react the same here. All very strange.
meveric

Unread postby tipoto » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Odroid user is still out of the video group on my system since my OGST is not up to date, I was busy doing other important stuffs the last month, but I'm just back on my project now, so I will be able to do some tests.
For my case, I think it will be better to keep Odroid user out of the video group and just switch between Root and Odroid to launch the emulators, it's basically what I have been doing already since I figured out that the performances were not the same depending on the emulator+user.
Until we know exactly what is causing the issue, I think it's better to have at least one user out of the video group and enjoy the best performances in each systems ;)
tipoto

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 pm

@tipoto:
this might be interesting for you: viewtopic.php?p=173960#p173960
meveric

Unread postby tipoto » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:35 am

meveric wrote:@tipoto:
this might be interesting for you: viewtopic.php?p=173960#p173960

Thank you! :)
I have Attract Mode 2.2.0 already compiled on my system, but I had to hack a few lines to get libsfml compiled, I'm sure your install is much better than mine since it uses your own libsfml-odroid package.
What is the best way to make sure your version will overwrite mine when I update the system? Maybe it's easier to just uninstall mine and then update the system!

Also I can probably help to make Attract-Mode look good if you need, I did a lot of customization on mine, but everything is in work in progress :/
- I use my own themes in WIP, (but since Retropie finally started to include AM in their image, there are now a lot of people creating interesting themes).
- I scripted a feature to get the game names said by a voice while you navigate in your library, it's pretty neat I think, I use mp3 (done with another script that creates them automatically using the Google text to speech engine online), but we can use any text-to-speech tool to make it speak in real time. I personally didn't find any free tts that sounded good enough to me, but you maybe know a very good one somewhere. With this feature, I'm planning to have an history of the systems said while you navigate in the main menu and I also have other crazy things in mind :)
- I created a specific Random Game Section, this one was tricky to do and I'm not sure it's "clean" enough to be included by default, but it's also very cool.
- I'm currently starting working on the main menu theme (it's a recent new feature in AM)

I captured a video a few weeks ago showing my work in progress AM, but I didn't upload it yet, I'll try to do it tonight to show the potential ;). I also have plenty other videos showing the games running on OGST with AM, but unfortunately my video capture card created ugly glitches in some little parts of the videos and I don't want the people to think that it's been created by the XU4. So I have to see if I want to edit them or redoing them.
tipoto

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 am

Well I like the robospin theme especially that it can show video cuts from the game, similar to Rom Collection Browser.
I'm searching for something similar.

I also wrote a script in the past that can do auto scan of new games, as well as downloading covers and such automatically, was a little bit complicated to script, but worked in the end.
Just takes like forever for a large library, especially since it always starts completely all over again and not only the ones that are new.

I kinda want something that can be automated, and don't require each user to setup everything themselves all the time.
meveric

Unread postby tipoto » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 am

The problem with robospin is that the video window is very tiny, but it depends on what you want to show the most in the theme between the wheel, the arts, the videos etc...

Yes it's better if it's all automatic for the user, but it's a lot of work to reach that point ;)
I usually work in semi-automatic, I create little scripts to do repetitive tasks when I need it, but I don't have an interface where everything is connected and fully functional and I don't have a script for everything either.

I'll show what I have for the moment with a video, at least we can talk about the visual.
tipoto

Unread postby tipoto » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Here is the video capture I've done a few weeks ago showing my work in progress themes in Attract-Mode. I'm currently working on the main system menu, but it's not in this video.
Also, like I said, recently there were a lot of new great themes that came out and which look very good, I think I'm going to go over them to see if I should maybe just pick one or two of them and go from there.
However you can see in my video the random game section at 3:15 and you can hear the voice saying the title names in some systems, which is something that I added.

EDIT: I updated the link since I just created a new channel "tipoto" for all my video game videos. I didn't want to mix my "professional videos" with the other ones. So I will be able to upload more videos soon ;)
Last edited by tipoto on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipoto

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:38 pm

That looks really good. I take it :D
It seem I really should put more effort into Attract hmm...
meveric

Unread postby odroid » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:34 am

Wow! The Attract Mode is really attractive. :twisted: I love it.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby tipoto » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Yes, Attract-Mode is great :)
I'll see what I can do to help making AM look good on OGST ;). I can share my layouts for sure and I think it shouldn't be very complicated to integrate the speaking voice feature, I already have a script that create automatically the mp3 and place them at the right location ;). Also, like I said earlier, it's possible to use a Text-To-Speech tool to create the voice in real time, the only problem is to find a good free TTS tool with a good voice.
I also have a script that create the AM romlists with all the data (year, nb of players, genre...) using the Hyperspin XLM files, but it still needs a lot of manipulations to work properly.

I had a question for those using AM on the XU4 (I hope I'm not the only one). Do all the default layouts or the users' layouts work properly on your board (i.e. Reflect, Filter Grid...)? I have plenty of glitches with most of these layouts :/. It's not a big deal since I use my own layouts, but I wish I could use some of them sometimes.
tipoto

Unread postby Danfozzy85 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:07 pm

@tipoto

I've got attract mode up and running on my pi3 and on my xu4 and can confirm the default skins on the xu4 don't display like they should. They do on the pi3. But saying that all the custom themes all display correctly so I've never been bothered to find out as it's not effected me
Danfozzy85

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby elModo7 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:50 am

Hi! is there any way I could run r14p0 withouth vsync? Every time I start ppsspp with that driver it's 30/60 fps and even 20/60 fps but then same game/settings with r6p0 it runs 60/60 with tearing.
Same goes for SNES, 60fps with tons of tearing on r6p0. However it seems to be working with no tearing on r14p0 but it seems like it runs with 1 or 2 frameskip :(

UPDATE:
Yes I have odroid user in the video group and tearing was not fixed.
I also tried FORCE_VSYNC=0 and FORCE_VSYNC=1 still same performance.
                            ◄▐ Minecraft ARM Guru▐ ►
elModo7

languages_spoken: English, Spanish, French.
ODROIDs: Odroid-XU4

Unread postby meveric » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:45 pm

elModo7 wrote:Hi! is there any way I could run r14p0 withouth vsync? Every time I start ppsspp with that driver it's 30/60 fps and even 20/60 fps but then same game/settings with r6p0 it runs 60/60 with tearing.
Same goes for SNES, 60fps with tons of tearing on r6p0. However it seems to be working with no tearing on r14p0 but it seems like it runs with 1 or 2 frameskip :(

for retroarch games please use the following config: http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/XU3/ ... roarch.cfg
That should speed up nearly all emulators.
I can't say what's the issue with PPSSPP most games run at 3xPSP+FXAA for me without issues.
Yes performance seemed to have dropped a little but not very much.

elModo7 wrote:UPDATE:
Yes I have odroid user in the video group and tearing was not fixed.
I also tried FORCE_VSYNC=0 and FORCE_VSYNC=1 still same performance.

r14p0 and user part of the video group helps with tearing, but it won't fix speed issues.
Make sure you restart the ODROID after you added the user to the group.
meveric

Unread postby Seismograf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi meveric!
After installing the latest image to a 32gb sdcard I get the error: "The volume "Filesystem root" has only 8.5 MB disk space remaining."
Disk usage analyser tells me I have 20 GB free space.
Any tips? Really want to use your image :)
Thanks in advance!
Seismograf

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU3-Lite

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 pm

On first boot the device should only have a few MB left, it should perform automatically a reboot which increases the partition to full size.
You can check with df -h what the partitions say how full they are. If you see that "/" is several GBs (20GB) free than everything is fine and you don't need to do anything.
meveric

Unread postby Seismograf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Hmm, it did reboot, but I still got the warning every time I booted the system. Couldn't do apt-get update/upgrade because of insufficient space on the card. Right now I'm zeroing out my sdcard and trying again from the start.
Thanks for the fast reply!
Seismograf

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 pm

The XU3/XU4 has issues with some SD cards, maybe your card is not fully supported and the system can't increase the partition automatically.
In worst case you probably have to increase the partition manually for the SD card :(
meveric

Unread postby Seismograf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 pm

How would I do that? Gparted?
Seismograf

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Seismograf wrote:How would I do that? Gparted?

yep exactly.. just start gparted and drag the 2nd partition to maximum size, that's all.
meveric

Unread postby bmentink » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:41 am

Quick question: How is XBMC/Plex plugin support these days ..... does it work with accelerated graphics?
bmentink

ODROIDs: XU3, XU4

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 am

No clue, normally there is no need to use Plex and XBMC/Kodi together, since XBMC und Plex basically do the same, organizing your videos, music and such.
Hardware decoding should work if Plex presents the videos in a "normal" format. As XBMC/Kodi is running fine with most media formats.
meveric

Unread postby bmentink » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:19 am

meveric wrote:No clue, normally there is no need to use Plex and XBMC/Kodi together, since XBMC und Plex basically do the same, organizing your videos, music and such.
Hardware decoding should work if Plex presents the videos in a "normal" format. As XBMC/Kodi is running fine with most media formats.

Well, Plex media player has a much better UI than Kodi in my humble opinion, and plex has G2G.fm plugin, so I do have a need .... ;)
bmentink

ODROIDs: XU3, XU4

Unread postby leo5111 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 am

how is Xbmc? does it run good like being able to do 10 bit x265 1080p OR is it for gimped Xbmc like they say on the kodi forums?
leo5111

Unread postby meveric » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 pm

leo5111 wrote:how is Xbmc? does it run good like being able to do 10 bit x265 1080p OR is it for gimped Xbmc like they say on the kodi forums?

XBMC can't do X265 at all, you need to install Kodi for that. Still on the XU3/XU4 HEVC is software decoded in Kodi not hardware decoded since the XU3/XU4 can't do hardware decoding of HEVC.
From my personal tests 1080p HEVC is working mostly fine on the XU3/XU4 but it's stressing the CPU cores a of the XU3/XU4 a lot.
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:40 am

Hi,

I have strange problem with SEGA CD games..
I can run the bios_CD_U.bin from retroarch gui.
But if I try to load an ISO (from ES or Retroarch) i get a message "Failed to load content: /home/odroid/ROMS/bios_CD_U.bin."

Any idea?
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:56 am

Stupid me...
I have placed the roms into the /SEGACD folder ; )
Phoenixkonsole

PreviousNext

Return to Projects