How to get DMABUF working on XU4

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

How to get DMABUF working on XU4

Unread postby Beeno1974 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:16 am

Hi guys,

I seem to be going in circles with this problem. Can someone please help me in the right direction if you have had any success with this yourselves. I'm running out of time and may be forced to abandon the Odroid if I can't get this working soon.

There seems to be problems with the mali userspace drivers matching with the ubuntu releases from hardkernel. The public releases come with r14 and it simply doesn't work. What's up that?
There's also problems with the mali userspace drivers not containing the required functionality (dmabuf).

1. Which version of the userspace drivers supports DMABUF on FBDev and where do I get it. What kernel module should this be paired with and where do I get that?
2. How do I actually allocate the buffers? I need to allocate a buffer, map it for cpu access, then once it's updated use it as a dmabuf into: eglCreateImageKHR(Display, EGL_NO_CONTEXT, EGL_LINUX_DMA_BUF_EXT, nullptr, Attribs);

I have this working on the Rockchip RK3288 but for whatever reason(s) I simply can't make any progress on the XU4.

Thanks.
Beeno1974

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Re: How to get DMABUF working on XU4

Unread postby odroid » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:42 am

If you don't need x11 GPU driver, refer this thread to use the Mali driver(r12p0) on FBDEV.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16272
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: How to get DMABUF working on XU4

Unread postby Beeno1974 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 pm

that link suggests that dmabuf does not exist on egl.

Can anyone confirm if they have eglCreateImageKHR working with EGL_LINUX_DMA_BUF_EXT?

If not, how do you efficiently update a GLES texture with data created by the cpu?

So far I can only confirm that the XU4 is in fact slower than the C2 when it comes to this kind of thing, even though the GPU is supposed to be 3 times as fast. Not GOOD!
Beeno1974

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Return to Ubuntu