Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Share here your ideas for new projects

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

Re: Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Unread postby aikiguy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Results:

Same as above with new errors on starting opencpn:
Code: Select all
opencpn
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos

(opencpn:3585): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_origin: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

I think that I have the mali400 drivers loaded in the wrong place some how....

Any help?
Does any of this make any sense?

Thanks,
Guy
:-)
aikiguy

languages_spoken: english

Unread postby meveric » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Ok, you mixing up a lot of things here^^

First of all the mali400-odroid drivers from my repository are only the OpenGLES libraries not OpenGL, so these alone won't help you to get opencnp run hardware accelerated at all.. since it requires OpenGL not OpenGLES.. Therefore i use the glshim wrapper which can do "some" OpenGL -> OpenGLES translation.

Without having this installed and configured, OpenCNP will always run on OpenGL software mode and therefore is extremly slow.. (you don't even need mali drivers for this)

Second, the errors above can be ignored.. it's something for initializing Graphics drivers.. this is not required, since the OpenGLES drivers bring their own stuff for it.. The system still complains about that, but it can be ignored.
But since you're not using OpenGLES it doesn't matter for you anyway.

I'd advice you to use Debian Wheezy instead of Ubuntu.. (for example take my ODROID GameStation Turbo Image).
In the Wheezy backports there's wxwidgets 3.0.x included, so you don't need to download and compile that yourself.
In fact i can give you a build compiled against wxwidgets 3.0 and glshim if you want, and since i created the package on Debian Wheezy.. it should work out of the box with that image, since it was created on it.

I testet today a little bit with it.. and found it was working "ok-ish" took me a while to download all the charts and i couldn't test it all yet.
RNCs charts seem to work ok.. depending on the zoom level the performance was varying a lot. Scale 1.0 and bigger i could get up to 100 FPS, anything lower than 0.8 turned out to drop frame rate greatly.. down to 5 FPS or so..

Enc i will test later..

If you have issues with the image please tell me, it's autostarting XBMC for example, but that can easily be changed.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:55 am

meveric,

Thanks for explaining that to me. It is appriciated a lot.

The RNC's are raster charts, they are scans of a chart. They have worked mostly fine since the first installation of Opencpn on the odroid. They have some disadvantages as opposed to ENC (Electronic Navigation Charts) which are Vector charts. (The enc's are dataset of how to build a chart instead of a scan of a chart like RNC). I would only download and play wiht a small set, something like the state of California.

I would love to try the debian wheezy and would love a glshim and wxwidgets compiled against it.

I am going to follow your link in your signature and see if I can figure out how to flash that images onto some card laying about here.

Thank you again for all of your help on this. Having Opencpn running on the odroid was the sole reason that I purchased it, it is a solution that once I have working I would love to share with others in the odroid and boating community.

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:42 am

i tried with the ENC maps and the moment it's done loading it crashes.. but i'm not sure what's causing this..

Strace showed this shortly before the system crashed.. maybe someone else knows what that could be:

ioctl(17, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, 0xbeef697c) = -1 ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
fstat64(17, {st_mode=S_IFIFO|0600, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
close(17)                               = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ABRT], NULL, 8) = 0
tgkill(27970, 27970, SIGABRT)           = 0
--- SIGABRT (Aborted) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGABRT +++
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:56 am

Right,

That is what happens no matter what I do on the odroid, the immidate crash, unless I update the wxwidgets to 3.02 (There may be others that work, but that is the one I have that works.).

I have no idea what strace is but it looks fun!

I tried downloading and flashing the xmbc image of yours, but I am stuck sudo doesn't work.. I get this cryptic to me error message when I try to update or to install opencpn.

odroid is not in sudoers file, this will be reported......

As you know I don't know what I am doing in Linux, so this had kind of stopped me cold trying to use your xmbc image.... (I want to know how now so that I can play some of those games!!!! in addition to getting Opencpn to work.).

Thanks,
Guy
Last edited by aikiguy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:06 am

I thought that there was some way back when I tried the 13.x.x release of ubuntu that we managed to get some hardware gl working with something that YOU gave me....

Sigh.....

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 am

instead of sudo use su
su
apt-get install opencpn-odroid

I will check which version of wxwidgets comes with Debian Wheezy.. and if that's not working i will try with wxwidgets 3.0.2
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 am

blows up with any encs.

I think the wxwidgets is a big part of this issue.

I am going to try to install the wxwidgets on this new linux distro......

Why is is super user instead of sudo? LOL
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:09 am

hmmm can't install wxwidgets because there is missing gtk....

hmmm.....

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 pm

aikiguy wrote:Why is is super user instead of sudo? LOL

It's just a more strict separation between user and administrator...

aikiguy wrote:hmmm can't install wxwidgets because there is missing gtk....

since it's in the backports you have to use a command like this:
su
apt-get install -t wheezy-backports libwxgtk3.0-dev

The version for this is in fact 3.0.2 but i don't think that will solve your issue.. since i have built a opencpn version with wxWidgets 3.0.2 but it still crashes.
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:01 pm

After trying everything for a while I think this is one of those situations that there might be someone somewhere that has a way to make the odroid work with OpenCPN but I don't know who that person is. I have gotten to the point that I believe that there is Mali driver code that could be compiled in the kernel that might solve these issues, but I don't know how to recompile the kernel.

I have another linux developer coming to look at the problem this week. He owns a boat and thinks the idea is fun. Maybe we can get somewhere with it, but I am not holding out a lot of hope without fixing the kernel issues. It is frustrating that the cubietruck has it working perfectly, and that there may be hope for the raspberry pi2, the odroid seems like it should be better than both.

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:20 pm

can you point me to the cubietruck version?
I think cubietruck is using armhf as well and therefore should be binary compatible with ODROIDs.. so we could use there version on ODROIDs as well.
That way we can test what drivers may cause the issue.
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 am

There is a video of it running on a cubie truck here:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13 ... ost1757356

and here are the install instructions:
http://opencpn.org/ocpn/node/322

There is some kernel level stuff for graphics on the cubie truck linux distro, and I have no idea how to make it work on the odroid. And it is working with OPengl enough to use the radar plugin!

Thanks meveric!!!!!

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby memeka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:12 am

I'm confused.
I remember getting openCPN to work months ago with glshim on the U3.
@meveric has an opencpn package in his repository. you just need to install that, and you're ready to go.
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby meveric » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:17 am

@memeka generally it works, but if you use maps that are based on vector graphics it crashes..
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Also it won't do the radar overlay or the dashboard for instrument display on the odroid.

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 am

Ok I have been reading this site where there may be an opengl (NOT OPENGLES 4.x) available to put into our kernel... However I have no idea how to do this.

Any thoughts from you guys that know what you are doing?

VC4 driver page:
https://github.com/anholt/linux/tree/vc4
aikiguy

Unread postby memeka » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 pm

aikiguy wrote:Ok I have been reading this site where there may be an opengl (NOT OPENGLES 4.x) available to put into our kernel... However I have no idea how to do this.

Any thoughts from you guys that know what you are doing?

VC4 driver page:
https://github.com/anholt/linux/tree/vc4

Nope, that's for RPI.
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby sbkenn58 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:06 pm

My initial suggestion is Adnroid and Navionics.
sbkenn58

Unread postby meveric » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:10 am

@aikiguy

I've checked a few things a week ago or so..
The project is steadily improving which is good to see.. They now have options for ARMHF, and GLES but still use OpenGL.
They come with their own version of glshim now and do a static link with the project which should mean that no other libraries are needed.
Sadly it's not working really good. If i turn on OpenGL the program does not start anymore :)

Still there is progress to see.
meveric

Unread postby abrox » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:16 am

Hi,
I end up strange problem, hope someone can help Me:

OpenCpn do not show boat or waypoint icons on the map at all ?
I install opencpn from meveric's repo to my odroid-U3 and it works fine, but after some update icons are not visible any more:
Toolbar buttons and other dialogs ( e.g. waypoint properties) show icons ok, but they are not swow up to the map. dotted line showing boat direction seems to be ok but boat icon is disappear ( small dot picture above is boat position....)

I have try this far:
-Reinstall opencpn
-Compile opencpn from sources.
-Compile & install wxwidgets 3.0.2 and 2.8
-Use custom boat image according opencpn instructions.
Ubuntu version is 14.02

Any hints what to check before install everything from scratch

Thanks,
Juki
abrox

ODROIDs: Odroid-U3

Unread postby AreaScout » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:56 pm

I did a fresh build on my ODROID-XU3 and it worked out of the box, OpenCPN version is 4.1.602, OpenCPN is now linking static to glshim an glues so i am pretty sure it has something to do with wxwidgets, try to uninstall from source directory and

sudo apt-get install libwxgtk3.0-0 libwxgtk3.0-dev --reinstall

maybe it helps, good luck !
AreaScout

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:35 pm

I tried it to but glshim does not work.. the program starts normally WITHOUT OpenGL support it has to be activated manually.. The moment you do with the current build of OpenCPN the program does not start anymore. (at least that's what happend to me)
meveric

Unread postby AreaScout » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:26 am

@abrox

also make sure there is no other version of glshim installed on your system, it works smoothly here :)
AreaScout

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 am

just rebuild it and works for me too.. even with glshim still present on the system.. guess there were some fixes lately..
meveric

Unread postby AreaScout » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:27 am

just to clear things up:

a still on the system installed version of glshim from meveric repo will not make problems ( the library is named libGL.so.99 ), but if you build glshim for your self and or sym-linked to libGL.so then the wxWidgets lib libwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0.so.0 will use the glshim library and then you will have same issues like abrox ( it should use the mesa libGL.so ), well @ least i had the same issues and it worked out that way by uninstall any existing glshim version on my installation, son't know if it's the same problem

so the solution we have with OpenCPN on our devices is an half baked soft/hard accelerated, but it works

current status on my install is:

SVG maps and http://map.openseamap.org/ works
AreaScout

Unread postby abrox » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks guys
I reinstall libwxgtk3.0-0 but did not help.
Anyhow seems that opencpn ( 3.x version) from meverics repo install also libwxgtk2.8 and use it.
Meveric is it so that version from your repo is compiled without openGL support ?

I retry compile newer version ( 4.1.602 ) linking failed because did not find libdri2. How have You guys resolve that , or have You compile it without openGLES support ?

Maybe I do fresh Ubuntu installation tomorrow...

Juki
abrox

Unread postby AreaScout » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:28 pm

sudo apt-get install libdri2-dev

it is compiled with openGLES Support, this is the standart compile on Arm CPU's
AreaScout

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:50 pm

abrox wrote:Thanks guys
I reinstall libwxgtk3.0-0 but did not help.
Anyhow seems that opencpn ( 3.x version) from meverics repo install also libwxgtk2.8 and use it.
Meveric is it so that version from your repo is compiled without openGL support ?

The Version in my repo is a little outdatet i haven't updated it yet, since i haven't found a stable version yet besides the 3.x that's in the repo.

abrox wrote:I retry compile newer version ( 4.1.602 ) linking failed because did not find libdri2.
How have You guys resolve that , or have You compile it without openGLES support ?

I have the same issue under Debian Wheezy, there is no libdri2-dev package for Debian. I created one for Debian Jessie since i needed it for one project.
I probably try to port it to Debian Wheezy as well. If you remove the -ldri2 entry in the link.txt from the opencpn.dir folder of the cmake files.. it will compile correctly. I guess libdri2 is probably not needed under Debian.

I'm not into that program so it take a little time for me to understand and figure out things. I don't know what it's suppose to look like..
Still i will try it under Debian Jessie and see if there's any difference.
meveric

Unread postby abrox » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks meveric,
I will remove libdri2 from link list and let see after that.
I'm afraid that it would not resolve original problem, but let see :-)
Juki
abrox

Unread postby abrox » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:28 pm

I install libdri2-dev package and recompile opencpn.
It started with -no_opengl, but original problem still exist :-(

Without -no_opengl it will not start but give similar error than below:
Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion 'GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed

Well maybe I will then reinstall ubuntu and and check if it works then.
abrox

Unread postby AreaScout » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:30 am

i also have that GTK error, but it's working

trying without OpenGL is a bad idea it's needed, so indeed reinstall is the fastest way to get it back working
AreaScout

Unread postby abrox » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:34 am

Thanks AreaScout,
there was some other GTK errors too, I wrote message from other machine so I was not able to copy those to my post.
I have new ubuntu flashed and up and running. Just updating packages....
abrox

Unread postby abrox » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Well...
Re-installation did not fix the original problem :-(
I now have:
-Do fresh installation of 14.04.2
-Update latest packages
-Include Meveric repos t my package config.
-run apt-get update & apt-get dist-upgrade
-run apt-get install opencpn-odroid
-Test it -> Boat icon still missing from chart only small dot in that place.
-Next steps ? Maybe heavy drinking and smoking
abrox

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

you shouldn't use the one of my repo.. it's rather outdated.. as i said, i haven't uploaded a new version yet.. you can try this one: http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/open ... _armhf.deb
but no guarantees
meveric

Unread postby abrox » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Thanks Meveric,
I will test it later today.
abrox

Unread postby abrox » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Good news :-) and bad news :-(
So Good thing is that I manage to overcome the problem, opencpn is able to show the boat when it's presented as scaled vector image.
So basically that is enough for me at the moment.

It seems that problem is that live data that are bitmaps are not visible at all for reason or other this is how things should look.
This is from my laptop running ubuntu 14.04 also.

And this is how stuff is with my odroid:
So no icons visible, I study litle bit opencpn sources and it seems that bitmaps, when they are drawn top of the map are problematic , lines and polygons are work ok:

void ChartCanvas::ShipDraw( ocpnDC& dc )
            if( g_OwnShipIconType == 1 ) { // Scaled bitmap
                wxImage rot_image = pos_image.Rotate( -( icon_rad - ( PI / 2. ) ), rot_ctr, true );

// Simple sharpening algorithm.....
                for( int ip = 0; ip < rot_image.GetWidth(); ip++ )
                    for( int jp = 0; jp < rot_image.GetHeight(); jp++ )
                        if( rot_image.GetAlpha( ip, jp ) > 64 ) rot_image.SetAlpha( ip, jp, 255 );

wxBitmap os_bm( rot_image );
                dc.DrawBitmap( os_bm, lShipMidPoint.x - w / 2, lShipMidPoint.y - h / 2, true );
         }
            else if( g_OwnShipIconType == 2 ) { // Scaled Vector
                wxPoint ownship_icon[10];

wxPen ppPen1( GetGlobalColor( _T ( "UBLCK" ) ), 1, wxSOLID );
                dc.SetPen( ppPen1 );
                dc.SetBrush( wxBrush( ShipColor() ) );

dc.StrokePolygon( 6, &ownship_icon[0], 0, 0 );

//     draw reference point (midships) cross
                dc.StrokeLine( ownship_icon[6].x, ownship_icon[6].y, ownship_icon[7].x,
                               ownship_icon[7].y );
                dc.StrokeLine( ownship_icon[8].x, ownship_icon[8].y, ownship_icon[9].x,
                               ownship_icon[9].y );
            }

Interesthing part is this ( at least I think :-) ) :

void ocpnDC::DrawBitmap( const wxBitmap &bitmap, wxCoord x, wxCoord y, bool usemask )
{
#ifdef ocpnUSE_GLES  // Do not attempt to do anything with glDrawPixels if using opengles
        return;
#endif

wxBitmap bmp;
    if( x < 0 || y < 0 ) {
        int dx = ( x < 0 ? -x : 0 );
        int dy = ( y < 0 ? -y : 0 );
        int w = bitmap.GetWidth() - dx;
        int h = bitmap.GetHeight() - dy;
        /* picture is out of viewport */
        if( w <= 0 || h <= 0 ) return;
        wxBitmap newBitmap = bitmap.GetSubBitmap( wxRect( dx, dy, w, h ) );
        x += dx;
        y += dy;
        bmp = newBitmap;
    } else {
        bmp = bitmap;
    }
    if( dc )
        dc->DrawBitmap( bmp, x, y, usemask );
#ifdef ocpnUSE_GL
    else {
        wxImage image = bmp.ConvertToImage();
        int w = image.GetWidth(), h = image.GetHeight();

if( usemask ) {
            unsigned char *d = image.GetData();
            unsigned char *a = image.GetAlpha();

unsigned char mr, mg, mb;
            if( !image.GetOrFindMaskColour( &mr, &mg, &mb ) && !a ) printf(
                    "trying to use mask to draw a bitmap without alpha or mask\n" );

unsigned char *e = new unsigned char[4 * w * h];
            if(e && d){
                for( int y = 0; y < h; y++ )
                    for( int x = 0; x < w; x++ ) {
                        unsigned char r, g, b;
                        int off = ( y * image.GetWidth() + x );
                        r = d[off * 3 + 0];
                        g = d[off * 3 + 1];
                        b = d[off * 3 + 2];

e[off * 4 + 0] = r;
                        e[off * 4 + 1] = g;
                        e[off * 4 + 2] = b;

e[off * 4 + 3] =
                                a ? a[off] : ( ( r == mr ) && ( g == mg ) && ( b == mb ) ? 0 : 255 );
                    }
            }

glColor4f( 1, 1, 1, 1 );
            GLDrawBlendData( x, y, w, h, GL_RGBA, e );
            delete[] ( e );
        } else {
            glRasterPos2i( x, y );
            glPixelZoom( 1, -1 ); /* draw data from top to bottom */
            if(image.GetData())
                glDrawPixels( w, h, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, image.GetData() );
            glPixelZoom( 1, 1 );
        }
    }
#endif   
}

I think I'm done at this point and focus on sailing instead debugging, and if don't hit to the rock will get back to this at autumn.
Good thing is that I don't have to roll back to RasperryPi, it's bit too slow.
Juki
abrox

Unread postby AreaScout » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:02 pm

@abrox

with latest opencpn 4.1.620 i get this results:

it is build with an fresh installed 15.04 image on the ODROID XU3

boat icon works -> default, Real Scale Bitmap and Real Scale Vector

Depth Units are not shown, either the maps or something else is the problem here

edit: Depth Units are working now, i didn't had it enabled under Options->Charts->Vector Charts Display->Display->Depth Soundings, so ! everything is just working fine

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby abrox » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 am

it is build with an fresh installed 15.04 image on the ODROID XU3

That is difference, I have U3 that have 14.04.2 installed.
I guess that 15.04 is not available for U3 at all
abrox

Unread postby whiskthecat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:16 pm

I found this deb file intended for raspberry pi that is a newer version of opencpn than available here and everything seems to be working.

https://blog.startupanywhere.org/blog/2015/07/09/getting-the-new-rpi-b-model-2-running-opencpn-quickly/

Oops, maybe not. Raster maps work great but vector appears quite glitchy with GPU acceleration turned on. :(
whiskthecat

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby whiskthecat » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Testing the latest android release (Sep 10th) on my phone and it seems to be working well with vector charts. It appears quite a bit of reworking has been done for android as the transitions from chart to chart and zoom levels are handled differently (loading screen appears) than in the desktop version. Could anyone give me some general guidelines concerning the steps involved in compiling this android version for Ubunutu XU4?
whiskthecat

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby maxencep » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:44 am

Dear All, Dear Meveric,
I spend the afternoon trying to install openCPN on my C2. I have noticed that Meveric offers a package for the C2. However, I am unable to install it after having added your repository.
It tells me :
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
opencpn-odroid : dpends : libtinyxml2.6.1
depends : libwxbase3.0-0
Depends : libwxgtk3.0-0
Depends : mali450-odroid
Depends : libglib2.0-dev

I am quite a newby in Linux and any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you

Maxence
maxencep

languages_spoken: english French
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:33 am

it was compiled on my Debian Jessie image and not all dependencies exists on Ubuntu, so you should probably use Debian Jessie instead.
meveric

Unread postby maxencep » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 am

Big thank to you. I easily managed to switch to your Debian Jessie and to install OpenCPN thank to your work.
Another question if I can abuse of your time : Is it easy to compile the new version of OpenCPN with your modifications? Yours is currently 4.1 while the official one is now 4.4?
If we are in easy/moederate difficultiy, I would like to learn how to do it but I have no idea where to start to search.
maxencep

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:20 am

I'll check on the latest build.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:58 am

Just uploaded a new version should be available if you do a normal upgrade of the system :)
viewtopic.php?p=177287#p177287
meveric

Unread postby maxencep » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello Meveric,
Again thank you for your quick action.
Even if it is working, I think your used in some way the old sources. After updating, the software is stil "OpenCPN 4.1.925". Don't hesitate to tell me if it is too much asking as this software is probably used by only few people and I will try to do what you are doing by myself.
maxencep

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Nope the sources are correct, but they have a different internal sources number than they do with their project number.

I've checked out tag 4.4.0 which is already nearly 1 year old and the current work in progress version is 4.5.0 but after compiling it still shows 4.1.xxxx as a version of the application, although the sources are much newer.
I don't think the version number is copied over to the application title correctly, still the code is from version 4.4.0. The previous one was from 4.2.0 although it showed 4.1.xxx.

But I have an idea where they mess up, I'll try to build a update, that might have the correct version, I will also try to include some default maps and other infos to the package.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 am

ok, checked into it some more and found there is a version.h file which does not get updated.. it just takes as a version what ever is in that file.
I've uploaded a new version for C2 which has the correct version string, but as I said, what ever the version shows on the app has nothing to do with the code you're using and it's still the same code as it was before.
I also added some basic maps and stuff.. don't ask me what it's called, but it should be helpful I guess.
meveric

Unread postby maxencep » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:05 am

Big thank for your work. I will try that tomorrow but it is great and nice you took time to investigate this issue and to explain it to me.
May I ask if you have a github or any other way to see what changes do you do to all the packages you provide?
maxencep

PreviousNext

Return to The Ideas