Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Share here your ideas for new projects

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

Re: Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:47 pm

I have a github, check for "meveric" and you will find it. But no not all packages are up there. Often I don't need to change packages at all just need to use the correct compiler flags and options for compiling.
OpenCPN for example works without any changes, so there's no need to have it in my repo.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby seandepagnier » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Please report your success with the C2.

I tried it a few months ago, and got it working with hardware acceleration, but you should install the fbturbo driver. Also, be sure to use latest sources from git to get the arm64 fixes.

There are some strange issues with wxwidgets on arm64.
seandepagnier

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Unread postby maxencep » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:42 am

I cannot tell you that much if it is working well or not. What Meveric is providing seems to work fine but I don't have (yet?) a boat for extended testing.
maxencep

languages_spoken: english French
ODROIDs: C2

Previous

Return to The Ideas