C1 powered by solar panel during day, night using bateries

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

C1 powered by solar panel during day, night using bateries

Unread postby robrodrigues » Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi all,

In Portugal we can now use solar electricity to internal consume not only to sell to the distributor so i think about doing something like this:

Get a solar panel of 100W and having a DC-DC converter to have only the 5v 2a to the odroid and get 12v 1.5a to my usb disk and so i get my odroid system going all day using only solar energy.
But to get things really nice i think using a system like the ups when not having enough power from solar it automatically diretec the power from the ac outlet or even bateries.

solar panel -> energy controller -> odroid+usb disk
ac or batery-> " -> "

is this anyway possible, because if so i can upgrade this project to give power to my outsider camera and for the routers and switch inside the house.
Official List of Images Android-Linux
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=9656
Odroid Magazine on OneDrive to download
http://1drv.ms/1TdwxOA
robrodrigues

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1 with a 32GB Sandisk Extreme Plus class10 and USB 400GB disk for torrents downloads

Re: C1 powered by solar panel during day, night using bateri

Unread postby solarfuture » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi all,

In Portugal we can now use solar electricity to internal consume not only to sell to the distributor so i think about doing something like this:

Get a Home solar system installation of 100W and having a DC-DC converter to have only the 5v 2a to the odroid and get 12v 1.5a to my usb disk and so i get my odroid system going all day using only solar energy.
But to get things really nice i think using a system like the ups when not having enough power from solar it automatically diretec the power from the ac outlet or even bateries.

solar panel -> energy controller -> odroid+usb disk
ac or batery-> " -> "

is this anyway possible, because if so i can upgrade this project to give power to my outsider camera and for the routers and switch inside the house.

Thanks for sharing this valuable post...after getting this post, i came to know about solar panel and its ranges.
solarfuture

languages_spoken: english

Return to Projects