Runtime error

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Runtime error

Unread postby mooneyflier » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:54 am

Installed myAHRS+Monitor on my Windows 10 laptop. When I try to run the program I keep getting a runtime error. The error says; -NameError ("global name 'pyqtgraph' is not defined",)
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've run CCleaner to clean up the files and check for problems with the registry but nothing has worked.
I installed the program on my desktop pc running Windows 10 and it ran with no problems. Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem? Thanks
mooneyflier

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: myAHRS+

Re: Runtime error

Unread postby WITHROBOT » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Could you let us know which version of Windows 10 you are using on your laptop, 32 bit or 64 bit?
WITHROBOT

ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread postby mooneyflier » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:21 am

I have a 32 bit Windows 10 operating system on the laptop. I just checked the desktop pc, which will run the program and it is running a 64 bit Windows 10 operating system.
mooneyflier

Unread postby WITHROBOT » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Currently the myAHRS+ Monitor does not support 32 bit Windows 10.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.

We have a plan to update it to support 32 bit as well as 64 bit Windows 10 in the near future.
As soon as we release it, we will let you know.
WITHROBOT

Unread postby mooneyflier » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:53 pm

That would be great. I will keep checking back regularly. Thanks!
mooneyflier

Unread postby WITHROBOT » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:14 am

We also suspect the OpenGL version of your laptop.
The myAHRS+ Monitor requires OpenGL2.0 or higher.

If you don’t know the version, you may refer a tool at
http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/
WITHROBOT

Unread postby mooneyflier » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks. I ran the opengl version on my laptop and unfortunately its below 2.0 Is there possibly a version of myAHRS+monitor that will run on my Samsung Tab S 8.4 tablet?
mooneyflier

Unread postby WITHROBOT » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:41 am

We are sorry but currently myAHRS+ does not support Android.
WITHROBOT

Unread postby mooneyflier » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:06 am

I want to connect myahrs+ to my Raspberry Pi2 and utilize the ahrs functions through a GitHub project called Stratux. Stratux is a homemade ADS-B receiver used in aviation. They are expanding it's capability to provide AHRS. I'd like to see if myahrs+ can work with that programming. No one there believes the module is stable enough. I believe it is but, I'm very new to this. Is there a tutorial or a users manual that can guide me through the process? Or do you know of any other resources available to achieve this?
mooneyflier

Unread postby WITHROBOT » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Could you please elaborate your questions?

Instead of reviewing and understanding your Stratux project, it would be much better for us to give you any advice if you provide us questions a little more concrete.
Namely,
- What do you mean by “work with”?
- How would you define or describe the stability of the module?
WITHROBOT

Unread postby mooneyflier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:16 am

Sorry for not being more concise with my last post but as I have stated, I am very new to this. Instead of trying to be more concrete with statements from my previous post, let me elaborate on why I purchased your product and what I had hoped your product would provide. I purchased a myAHRS+ board based on your advertisement of it's ability to provide accurate AHRS data. In particular I was impressed with the video showing it's resistance to centripetal acceleration. The Stratux group has been writing AHRS programming using several different sensor boards in an effort to provide accurate AHRS output. They have evaluated their programming attempts by conducting flight tests, mainly in private general aviation passenger airplanes. So far they have determined that when the airplane is in an accelerated banking turn, the instrument UI in Stratux, which is an attitude indicator inaccurately displays a wings level attitude. This indication shows their programming currently isn’t reliable or usable. They continue to struggle with how to overcome this problem. Since myAHRS+ apparently has solved the problem , I was hopeful it would be accepted by the Stratux community. I mentioned it to them and provided documentation and videos from your website. However, several expressed doubts as to its ability to provide output not affected by centripetal acceleration. They also felt that the inability to make changes to the board's programming was a big limitation. If myAHRS+ is fully capable of providing accurate AHRS output without suffering from the adverse effects of centripetal acceleration, it might ultimately result in the community adapting and supporting your board. This could also result in the creation of a reliable emergency backup attitude indicator for pilots. It could also result in your company realizing potential sales of many hundreds of your boards. So, a closer examination on your part of the Stratux project may be worthwhile to you and ultimately benefit many, many pilots who are building a Stratux device for ADS-B, navigation an AHRS purposes.
mooneyflier

Return to myAHRS+